Skip to main content

none
Problem with Windows Update KB3045999 RRS feed

• Question

• Is anyone else having trouble with the Windows Update KB3045999, causing applications to stop working.

This update seems to cause a catastrophic failure in any application build using Xenocode Virtual Application Studio 2010 ISV Edition

As soon as the application is launched you get an error message stating

The application was unable to load a required virtual machine component.

I have also seen some posts about this update causing problems with VirtualBox.

Friday, April 17, 2015 7:30 AM

All replies

• We can't really debug without any source code of the failing program in question (this is a forum to help software developers, not their customers, after all). If you have many similar applications failing on the same machine, then one of your OS components could be malfunctioning and you should ask the Windows guys at answers.microsoft.com. My speculation is that something changed in the certificate store or algorithm, either by design or by corruption, knowing how little in common between Xenocode and Virtual Box. 

Visual C++ MVP

Sunday, April 19, 2015 3:39 PM
  • I also have similar problem about portable program.

Because of you, I could fix it (removal of the update).

Although I didn't help you, thank you so much.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 12:07 PM
  • In my case, Windows Security Update KB3045999 caused Windows 7 to be corrupt and unbootable. I had automatic updates activated and came back to a PC that would not boot and could not be repaired.  Fortunately, I had a backup which I reinstalled. The first thing I would then do is update windows and the next thing that would happen would be a corrupt system.

After a few attempts, I started installing only half the updates (they were March/April 2015 updates) and ended up with a working system until KB3045999 would be installed.

This is on a Windows 7 Professional SP1 which was recently installed (March 2015) from scratch with nothing else installed.

• Edited by GaspardP Sunday, April 26, 2015 5:52 PM
    Sunday, April 26, 2015 5:52 PM
  • Yes indeed. I got the same Xenocode Virtual Box error. The application only works after uninstalling the update. We also use a Software called Netman ... it's generally like remote apps. The SingleSignon does not work either when this update is installed.

Will there be a fix for this?

Best Regards

Marc

• Proposed as answer by marcmx2 Friday, May 5, 2017 2:25 PM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:49 AM
  • Hi Marc,

Thank you for posting here. But this forum is to discuss desktop development issue. If you have questions about installing the update KB, please post it to answer forum as sheng jiang has suggested.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:21 AM
  • For cases where VirtualBox fails to startup on Windows computers after installing KB 3045999, could you test with 4.3.x revision 10091 available on https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds

That build is reported by Oracle as having a fix for this problem

For cases where applications fail to start with 0xc0000018 or 0xc000001b on x64 Windows 7 computers that have both KB 3045999 and McAfee DLP software installed, see https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=kb84538

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 6:51 PM