Bought Certificate on Azure App Service but forgot the Private Key Password. RRS feed

• Question

• I bought Certificate on Azure App Service but forgot the Private Key Password. Is there anyway to regenerate password so that, I can use the certificate?

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 2:17 AM

All replies

• Have you tried downloading the certificate from Azure Key Vault and checking in your local certificate store using MMC. Please try following the below steps - 

1. Download the certificate from Azure Portal and Import the certificate in MMC.

2. Once imported to your local certificate store you can try exporting the certificate "Yes, Export the private key" option

3. Click Next and check option "Group or User names" and click Next

4. Click on Browse and type the file name of your choice. Then Next->Finish to export the certificate.

5. Now, once exported open the .pfx file and click next, you will see page as shown below and click next - 

6. You will see the below window. Please check the Display Password to see the password in Password section. 

7. Now export this certificate and use this password to import the certificate in Azure.

Please let me know if you are able to follow the above steps to import the certificate.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 8:09 PM