none
Lookup Task With Dynamic Schema/Library Name Change to access DB2 Tables for DEV and QA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Below are the details is the Issue i am facing:

I have a Data flow task(DFT) that has a SQL server source and a DB2 destination.

The DFT has a lookup task against the destination table in DB2.

I have a few tables in "Test" Library that i access using "Test"."DestinationTable". I use this while developing. When i move it to QA, I will have to access the "QA" library using "QA"."DestinationTable".

I am using a AS400 DB2 connection manager that links to a particular Library in the DB2 environment. (But i am able to access other tables in other libraries as well using the same connection manager. Permission is not a issue). This helps populate the Dropdown with the tables in the Schema i mention in the config file.

When moving the file to QA environment, i change the Schema name in the config file. This makes the Connection manager to point to the QA library, but the look up task still refers the Test library and i have to manually change the table from the dropdown with the newly populated tables from QA.

the Issue is--> i do not want to change the table manually from the dropdown in the lookup task on moving to QA.

I have resolved this issue in OLD DB destination using a table name from Variable. I have also resolved the Issue in the script task by using a variable for the Library name. But i am the above solutions do not work for the Lookup task. Kindly help me on this.

Regards,

Finny

Thursday, July 2, 2020 8:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Finny,

Lookup Transformation has expressions, but cannot accessed directly from it just go to your Data Flow Task properties and access the expressions:

"SELECT columns FROM " + @[User::variable]

Best Regards,

Lily

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by FinnyS Friday, July 3, 2020 10:17 AM
    Friday, July 3, 2020 6:23 AM