Skip to main content

none
Driver signature validation started failing - can't get support RRS feed

• Question

• I've been validating the same set of drivers through the hardware portal for the last few years, but recently our EV certificate had to be updated. I went through the process of associating the new certificate with our account and it lists correctly in the certificates section of our account. However, the validation process no longer works. It fails during the second step (Preparation). It pops up an error message for about 1 second and then disappears, but I managed to get a screen shot. It says:

"Unfortunately we were unable to validate the signature on your submission. Common reasons for this are: the submission was not signed, the signing certificate was expired, or the signing certificate isn't associated with your Dev Center account. Double check the signature on your package and try your submission again. If you continue to receive this error contact support".

None of this is helpful. I am certain the submission is signed as we are using the identical process we have been for years - just with the new certificate.

I have clicked every single support link on the portal. A lot go to dead pages! The microsoft chat people have no idea what I'm talking about. 

Does anyone have any recommendations or a link to an actual microsoft support email?

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 1:05 AM

All replies