none
What API to detect if a test requires an icon under Type column in HCK Studio? RRS feed

• Question

• In HCK Studio there is a column called "Type".  Tests that require manual interaction or special setup are shown with a special icon in the Type column of HCK Studio.  What API can be used to detect tests that show a special icon in Studio?  How does Studio determine which tests need a special icon in the Type column?

I thought the following line of code would find test that have NO icon in the Type column of Studio

if (test.TestType == TestType.Automated)

But it turns out many tests with a special icon are apparently still considered to be "automated" tests.  So how do I detect tests that require special setup?

Thursday, August 29, 2013 11:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• It's actually a UX only property, but you can derive it from the properties for a Test object.

For a test object:

To check if the test requires one time manual configuration on system before running look for test.RequiresSpecialConfiguration == true.

To check if the test requires a download and install of supplemental content to the controller before running, look for  test.RequiresSupplementalContent == true.

To check if the test requires manual intervention, look for test.TestType == TestType.Manual

For tests that require multiple machines to run, look for test.ScheduleOptions.HasFlag(DistributionOption.RequiresMultipleMachines) == true.

The other two icons are multidevice and non-distributable, which are scheduling options and don't modify whether the test is manual/requires preconfiguration or not.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Friday, August 30, 2013 1:39 AM
  • These items are not described in the "test" class documentation and the compiler flags them as undefined.  Is there something I need to include to get these definitions?  This is C# code I am writing.

Thank you

Friday, August 30, 2013 4:57 PM
  • I can see how this can be confusing and can see that a number of these properties are not documented.  I will make sure an internal bug is filed to address this.

The Test class has the ScheduleOptions property (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn260283.aspx) which returns a DistributionOption type (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj123915.aspx. Both of these and the missing properties are part of the Microsoft.Windows.Kits.Hardware.ObjectModel Namespace.

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, August 30, 2013 6:11 PM