Very Slow resuming from Hibernation and problem with FN keys and Touchpad RRS feed

• Question

• Hey

Since i installed Vista i've been getting a number of problems:

1. Whenever i try to resume from Hibernation it takes a long time. First the screen goes blank then if i try to press the power key nothing happens. After about 2mins or so then the computer resumes. Also it takes ages to shut down.

2. The FN keys such as increasing sound or brightness does not work anymore. The functions such as scrolling on the touchpad do not work as well.

Can anyone tell me if these are common problems or is it just my comp. I have a Viao VGN-FS980. And could someone help me.  

Thanks.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 12:07 AM

Answers

• The best place to ask would probably be over at the communities:

www.microsoft.com/communities

since these forums are for software development, and this specific subform is for the software development in Windows Vista. Yours is a technical support question, which I believe does not fit here but rather over there at the MS communities.

Most likely it's to do with incompatible BIOS sometimes, or motherboard/chipset drivers etc... - remember, Vista is still in development and is no where near complete just yet....you will experience some problems

Thanks!

Thursday, August 17, 2006 2:34 AM

All replies

• The best place to ask would probably be over at the communities:

www.microsoft.com/communities

since these forums are for software development, and this specific subform is for the software development in Windows Vista. Yours is a technical support question, which I believe does not fit here but rather over there at the MS communities.

Most likely it's to do with incompatible BIOS sometimes, or motherboard/chipset drivers etc... - remember, Vista is still in development and is no where near complete just yet....you will experience some problems

Thanks!

Thursday, August 17, 2006 2:34 AM
  • Thanks a lot Ahmed. Appreciate it.
    Sunday, August 20, 2006 1:30 AM