none
wpf application slow on one computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

On my computer the WPF application runs normal. With the same configuration on my colleque's computer

the application needs 5 to 10 seconds to operate for a manipulation what on my computer needs a fraction

of a seconds.

What can I do to find out what the problem is? He is using Windows 7 und I am using Windows 10.

Thanks

Urs

Monday, September 16, 2019 9:07 AM

All replies

• Does the manipulation doing something that is using a bunch of graphics?   I am guessing maybe your computer is using hardware acceleration for the drawing while your colleque's is not.      

Are the computer hardware specs the similar between the 2 computers?   

Monday, September 16, 2019 9:29 AM
  • No the hardware is different. He is using a model which is some years old

In the slow click handled, data will be decompressed, a textbox with 2000 lines will be loaded and the xceed avalondock layouter will be used.

Monday, September 16, 2019 10:05 AM
  •     
    Hi    friend,

This depends on the hardware configuration of different machines, CPU processing speed, and memory size, GPU.

You can provide program performance by optimizing, improving algorithms, etc.

Optimizing performance: Controls

Best regards

Yong Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:08 AM