none
Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4 won't Install RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows Ultimate 64 and VS 2010 SP1 installed. 

I have tried installing the Windows SDK for Windows 7 several time, from both the ISO and on-line installer.  Each time I get the same results described below.

--------------------------------------------------

A problem occurred while installing selected Windows SDK components.

Installation of the "Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7" product has reported the following error: Please refer to Samples\Setup\HTML\ConfigDetails.htm document for further information.

Please attempt to resolve the problem and then start Windows SDK setup again. If you continue to have problems with this issue, please visit the SDK team support page at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=130245.

Click the View Log button to review the installation log.
    To exit, click Finish.

From last entry in the log file:
    11:29:24 AM Tuesday, July 10, 2012: [SDKSetup:Error] Config_Products_Install: Windows SDK Setup (failed): Installation of the "Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7" product has reported the following error: Please refer to Samples\Setup\HTML\ConfigDetails.htm document for further information. Stack:    at SDKSetup.Product.ConfigureNewProduct(ManualResetEvent CancelEvent)    at SDKSetup.Product.SetupProduct(TaskMode taskMode, ManualResetEvent CancelEvent)    at SDKSetup.ProductCollection.SetupProducts(TaskMode taskMode, DownloadManager downloadManager, ManualResetEvent cancelEvent)    at SDKSetup.ConfigProducts.DoCurrentTask(TaskMode Task)

Though the log files says to look in the  Samples/.....ConfigDetails.htm document for further information, I can not find a file with this name on my computer.  Also, I have the complete log file if this would help.

Since I have tried this many times, with the same results from both the ISO and On-line install methods, and since I have not had a probem with any other download, I am certain that it is not the result of a bad download or a checksum error.

The main reason I want to install the SDK is to allow me to integrate the use of Visual Studio 2010 and with SQL Server 2008 V2, including its help system.  If there is another way to do this, let me know, such as installing v 6.1 for Net Framework 3.5.

Thanks

Ralph

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:29 PM

Answers

• Hi, please try following link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2717426/de

• Marked as answer by RCubed3 Saturday, July 21, 2012 9:17 PM
    Friday, July 20, 2012 4:52 AM

All replies