Skip to main content

 locked
LastResult.Status says Success and item count is 1 but when you search the record cannot be found RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I am trying to set up an automation test where I add a record to our DB and then force a run of the indexer via the Search SDK. The code I have to run the indexer and wait for a success status is below however after this code runs a call to the search index returns 0 items when performing a search via the API. If I put in a few seconds sleep between running the indexer and performing the actual search call then it works as expected but this doesn't seem ideal.

    Does anyone know if this is a known issue or should I be using different code?

    Appreciate any help.
    Cheers,
    Mark.

     public static void RunIndexer()
                {
                    SearchServiceClient searchService = new SearchServiceClient(_searchServiceName, new SearchCredentials(_searchApiKey));
                    IIndexersOperations searchServiceIndexers = searchService.Indexers;
                    Task indexOperation = searchServiceIndexers.RunAsync("digitalregister-person");
                    indexOperation.Wait();
    
                    bool rebuiltIndex = false;
    
                    while(!rebuiltIndex)
                    {
                        Task<IndexerExecutionInfo> status = searchServiceIndexers.GetStatusAsync("digitalregister-person");
                        status.Wait();
    
                        if (status.Result.LastResult.Status.Equals(IndexerExecutionStatus.Success) && status.Result.LastResult.ItemCount > 0)
                        {
                            rebuiltIndex = true;
                        }
                    }
                }

    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 12:04 PM

All replies