Skip to main content

none
Executing OneDrive *.xlsm files via desktop link RRS feed

• Question

• I am asking for advice on how I can design a “one-click” method allowing a user to execute an *.xlsm file containing a shared table, saved on OneDrive, on the user’s desktop version of Excel. 

Any member of the 10-person users group I support, can add, print or edit any record in the table.  All the users reach the file through a read-write-allowed link generated by OneDrive which I distribute.

Starting the program is cumbersome.  The table file contains code written in Excel VBA but is first executed by Excel On-Line.  The opening view displays a warning message banner “Unsupported features”.  The user must then click “Learn more”; “Edit Worksheet” and “Edit in Excel” to cause the user’s copy of desktop Excel to execute the OneDrive file.  Cumbersome.

Suggestions on how to achieve a “one-click” initiation would be welcome.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 5:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

Did you try to office 365 to develop the product?

As far as I know that the OneDrive offers the file picker shared control, which makes it quick and easy to open, save, and create sharing links to files stored in OneDrive or SharePoint team sites.

Using the file picker, you can connect your existing application to OneDrive in a matter of minutes, while enabling a whole new scenario for your users.

About one drive and office 365 more information, please see

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/developer/

I know that the VBA has not been supported, you can post the issue on following forum.

https://www.excelforum.com/excel-programming-vba-macros/

Best Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Steven C March Saturday, November 3, 2018 10:31 PM
    Wednesday, January 31, 2018 5:52 AM