I am able to create and run an audio/video capture filter graph in 32 bit GraphEdit. Trying to build, then save, a comparable graph in 64 bit GraphEdit fails. When I simplify the filter graph to:
MS LifeCam Cinema:Capture ---> VMR Input0:Video Render
and attempt to save it, this causes the following error to be generated:
An error occurred while attempting to open the file. The operation cannot be performed because the pins are not connected. (Return code: 0x80040209).
If I change the webcam and use that built into my notebook then I can save and run this simple filter graph. This indicates there is a problem trying to run the MS LifeCam in a 64 bit filter graph (i.e. bad driver?). My question is, how do I go about determining whether the problem is hardware related, driver related or both? Given that the 32 bit filter graph runs well, do I interpret this to mean the hardware is working well and that the problem in the 64 bit filter graph is due to the DS video capture filter itself? If so then how do I determine whether the problem is caused by the DS video capture filter or the webcam driver itself (i.e. who do I turn to for a solution)? In short, any ideas of how I should proceed from here?
I'm running GraphEdit x64 on 64 bit versions of Win7 HP (my desktop computer) and Vista HP (my notebook). The same problem occurs on both computers.
Your problem has to do with codecs.
32Bit Codecs do not work with 64bit programs.
I suggest you grab the x64bit FFDShow and uninstall the camera driver if you already have not.
The camera driver prevents you from running 720p @ 30fps.
Simply put, your problem is a Microsoft problem.
I have never gotten GraphEdit to save graphs for anything other than video files.
It makes my life ____ because I tend to record 3 LifeCams at once.
Every time I startup Graphedit I have to reconnect the filters for 3 camera graphs.
I have installed both 32 bit (klcodec630f.exe) and 64 bit (K-Lite_Codec_Pack_64bit_380.exe) codec packs and am currently using the ffdshow encoder. However, the filter graph used for testing (capture filter --> renderer filter) does not include or require the ffdshow encoder. I'm simply connecting the video capture filter to the renderer.
I spent the weekend trying different combinations - to no avail. But there might yet be some good news.
While typing this post I built the simple filter graph to compare and verify that the filters available for 32 bit are different from the 64 bit filters. To my surprise, the 64 bit filter graphs ran without error for the very first time. The last thing I did just before crashing last night was to install the latest DirectX SDK. I'll run some more tests tonight and post my findings.
Can you provide me with a simple audio filter graph that you are not able to save in GraphEdit. I am curious to see if I will encounter the same problem. I don't know if this would be helpful for you but I'm willing to give it a try.