none
User Created Sound

Question

• Hello out there,

I have just downloaded MSVS2010.

I made a program right away that almost does what I want and I was very happy!

There is just one problem with the program.

The progarm I wrote only plays a sine wave tone at any given frequency for n duration, and I would like the program to play any user created sound datum at any given frequency for n duration and be able to synthisize (change) the data at any given time by the program or by the user.  I want my progarm to have more than just the 5 oscilator options (saw, sine, square, reverse saw, and random).  For instance if the user enters in two modulators (by user options on input forms that will give the user a smart answer for their options checked) and checkes a box for the program to morph the two sounds.  The primary functionality of the program will be similar to a soft synth.

I hope someone can offer me a link to some documentation on the function I need in order to change the modulator from user input but not from opening a file; however I would like any response similar to this topic because I am very intrested in sound programming.

From my understanding of how Microsoft PCM works there is a frequency and modulator (oscilator). 

I know of other libs, sdks, etc. that can accomplish this (I will list them if needed) but I would rather have a 100% toatal Microsoft solution for compability and distribution purposes.

abram
    • Moved by Leo Liu - MSFT Monday, June 27, 2011 6:24 AM Moved for better support. (From:Visual C# General)
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:46 PM

All replies