none
can we implement cosmos DB table API in visual studio 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• HI ,

Can we implement cosmos DB table API in Visual 2013.i tried to install cosmosDb table package from nuget but it is failing to install while attempt to gather dependent information for package.

my question is, can we install microsoft azure CosmosDB table package in vs 2013? is there any other dependency with other packages?

Regards,

Siva

-Sivashankar

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 9:59 AM

All replies

• I believe the issue here is that you cannot target .Net Core using Visual Studio 2013. You will need to upgrade to VS 2015.

You can try the Microsoft.Azure.CosmosDB.Table API and target .NETFramework 4.5

Please post the error message so that we can troubleshoot better.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 11:29 AM
  • HI 

I have created new web application project in visual studio 2013 with target framework 4.6.1

I am trying to install Microsoft.azure.cosmos.table 1.0.6package but it failed and says it does not compatible with that framework

Successfully installed 'Microsoft.Azure.Cosmos.Table 1.0.6'.

Adding 'Microsoft.Azure.Cosmos.Table 1.0.6' to WebApplication4.

Uninstalling 'Microsoft.Azure.Cosmos.Table 1.0.6'.

Successfully uninstalled 'Microsoft.Azure.Cosmos.Table 1.0.6'.

Install failed. Rolling back...

Install-Package : Could not install package 'Microsoft.Azure.Cosmos.Table 1.0.6'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets

'.NETFramework,Version=v4.6.1', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information,

contact the package author.At line:1 char:1

+ Install-Package Microsoft.Azure.Cosmos.Table -Version 1.0.6

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

-Sivashankar

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:05 AM
  • You are trying to install the SDK for .Net Core

Please use the below command from the package manager console

Install-Package Microsoft.Azure.CosmosDB.Table -Version 2.1.2

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:49 AM
  • I tried as you suggested 

Install-Package Microsoft.Azure.CosmosDB.Table -Version 2.1.2 but got the below error

Attempting to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Common (≥ 8.6.0-preview && ≤ 9.0.0.1-preview)'.

Install-Package : Unable to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Common (≥ 8.6.0-preview && ≤ 9.0.0.1-preview)'.At line:1 char:1

+ Install-Package Microsoft.Azure.CosmosDB.Table -Version 2.1.2

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

From the error I understand it requires Microsoft azure storage common higher so I tried to install by execute the below command

Install-Package Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Common -Version 11.1.1

And got below error.

Install-Package : The 'Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Common 11.1.1' package requires NuGet client version '3.6' or above, but the current NuGet version is '2.12.0.817'.At

line:1 char:1

+ Install-Package Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Common -Version 11.1.1

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], NuGetVersionNotSatisfiedException

So then I tried to install nuget higher version

Install-Package NuGet.Client -Version 4.2.0

After installing nuget client version successfully, I tried to install Microsoft azure storage common again but still I am getting below error

Install-Package : The 'Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Common 11.1.1' package requires NuGet client version '3.6' or above, but the current NuGet version is '2.12.0.817'.At

line:1 char:1

now not sure how to install Microsoft.Azure.CosmosDB.Table in visual studio 2013

-Sivashankar

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 2:51 PM
  • Thank you for the additional context. 

As suggested in the documentation, the Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Common version should be between 8.6.0-preview && ≤ 9.0.0.1-preview

You are installing version 11.1.1

Please install in the below order

Install-Package Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Common -Version 9.0.0.1-preview

Then install

Install-Package Microsoft.Azure.CosmosDB.Table -Version 2.1.2

-

If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread .

And, if you have any further query do let us know. 

Sunday, December 15, 2019 7:15 AM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer(s) helped.

If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread .

And, if you have any further query do let us know. 

Friday, December 20, 2019 2:30 AM