none
Test sitting at hour glass state [Test in progress] (Machine: Waiting to be assigned) RRS feed

• Question

• The host is in the ready state, but the test will never kick off in HCK Studio. I've tried cancelling the test, rebooting the HCK Manager and test client with no success. I've also tried deleting failed tests from Job Monitor in HCK Manager thinking a corrupted test may be hanging up the system. Still no luck and have run out of ideas...
    Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:50 PM

All replies

• What is the name of the test? Also, is this the first time you've run a test on the specific machine?

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:01 PM
  • No, I'm almost done with the certification testing with 97/103 tests passing so far. The remaining six tests are (3) DP WLK - Hot-Add - Device Test - Verify driver support for HOT-Add CPU and (3) DP WLK - Hot Replace - Device Test - Verify driver support for D3 power state. The entire cert was running flawlessly until this morning when one of the last six tests basically stalled at the hourglass state. Other certs are currently running fine from the same HCK Studio. Checked the environment and nothings changed on the SAN end.
    Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:42 PM
  • Try to repair the HCK Client and put the SUT in unsafe mode, when the heartbeat will updated , change it state to ready state and try to schedule any small basic test case.

Thanks,

Mudit

Thursday, February 6, 2014 9:15 AM
  • IIRC, the hot add/replace tests require at least two processors to schedule.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:53 AM
  • Pls right click the driver on the HCK manager --> view errors ,

BTW ,I think we need to use datacenter version OS with at least  cpu to run it

Best Regards, Mike

• Proposed as answer by Mike_Cao Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:13 AM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:13 AM