Skip to main content

none
windows 10 shows a warning window "the driver not to be signed" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have a question.

The specific win10 shows a warning window "the driver not to signed" after installing filter driver.

But the driver has been signed by digicert certification.

The .sys file can show digital signature.

And the driver has passed the HLK test.

The .sys file can show digital signature of "microsoft windows hardware compatible publisher".

Why shows the warning window in the specific win10 after installing the driver?
    Wednesday, March 20, 2019 6:12 AM

All replies

• I usually look in C:\windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log to get clues to any install-related issues, perhaps signing-related issue are caught in there too? Check that first. (drive and path assume you've installed Windows to default disk and location)

If/as your .sys is/looks suitably signed, is too the .CAT file?  If/as so, have you made any changes to any files in the driver package? Things like editing the .INF file will invalidate the signature of the driver package.

Another thought is, is everything signed SHA-2(56), not just SHA-1?

Another thought is, when you created the shipping label, did you "backwards extend" support to all older Windows 10 builds?  I guess related, is this a "recent" Windows 10 build you are installing to?

Thursday, March 21, 2019 5:13 PM
  • Here is additional page that may help as well. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/troubleshooting-install-and-load-problems-with-signed-driver-packages 

Friday, March 22, 2019 6:21 PM
  • In run or cmd,type: SigVerif 
    Friday, March 22, 2019 8:54 PM
  • Simply in run or cmd type: SigVerif  Run the Windows signature Verification utility...
    Sunday, March 24, 2019 3:40 AM