SSIS- Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Iam fetching the data from the data flow source- OLE DB source and data flow destination is DataReader Destination.The amount of data it fetches is 96k records.
    When iam debugging the package it ends up with following two exceptions:
    1.[OLE DB Source [1]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.
    An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "OraOLEDB"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "".

2.[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED.  The PrimeOutput method on component "OLE DB Source" (1) returned error code 0xC0202009.  The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. 

Let me know how to trace error in SSIS
    Also suggest the best way to generate reports with lakhs of records.

Thanks in advance

Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:26 AM

All replies

• (1) configure the error output on the ole db source.

(2) send the error rows to another destination for later examination.

hth
    Duane Douglas, MCAD, MCITP | http://www.ssisbi.com | Please mark the post(s) that answered your question.

SSIS Business Intelligence

• Proposed as answer by Duane Douglas Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:54 AM
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:54 AM
  • Hi,
    i think you are using the oracle as a source. please check the following thread for your second problem.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlintegrationservices/thread/656bd827-577d-46d8-9199-caae3bc6838c

let us know your observation.
    Thanks-
    Let us TRY this | Don’t forget to mark the post(s) that answered your question
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:14 AM
  • Hi..
    you have to run the specific specific version of SSIS that matches the drivers that you are using. If you have 32-bit only drivers, you need to run the 32-bit version of DTEXEC. 64-bit drivers require the 64-bit version of DTEXEC

Can u please let me know how to check it out?
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:13 AM