none
ListViewReorderMode.Enabled theme RRS feed

• Question

• I have a GridView with several squares that I want the user to be able to reorder.  However, when I set  GridViewMain.ReorderMode = ListViewReorderMode.Enabled, a certain theme applies where all of the squares become dim and sort of hover around.  When you select a square, it changes the color to its full brightness, until it is moved or another square is selected.  My question is, what is this effect, and can I customize it or turn it off?

Thursday, June 12, 2014 12:50 PM

Answers

• I've not managed it, but I'll ask around.

(Time passes)

The smartest XAML guy I know, who happens to be on the same team as me, says:

"I haven’t explored this before, but check out the GridViewItem styles and templates to see what you can modify; there are several ReorderHintStates that seem to provide at least some degree of customizability."

Monday, June 16, 2014 4:57 PM

All replies

• I've not managed it, but I'll ask around.

(Time passes)

The smartest XAML guy I know, who happens to be on the same team as me, says:

"I haven’t explored this before, but check out the GridViewItem styles and templates to see what you can modify; there are several ReorderHintStates that seem to provide at least some degree of customizability."

Monday, June 16, 2014 4:57 PM
  • Hey, thanks for your reply!  So this is called a reorder hint state?  Perhaps this is a larger question, and not able to be answered, but how would you set some dragable, normal looking squares on Windows Phone without having to modify a default template?
    Monday, June 16, 2014 7:50 PM
  • I think you would have to mess with the template. There doesn't seem to be any properties of the GridView you can just toggle on/off to change something like this. Load it into Blend, as it makes it easier to mess with templates.
    Tuesday, June 17, 2014 7:47 PM
  • Ok, will do.  Thank you!
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:09 AM
  • Hi!

Did you solve this problem? I'm stucked in the exactly same problem!

And there's not much documentation around...

Monday, June 8, 2015 10:56 AM