none
Can users download a document from the store listing? RRS feed

• Question

• I get a number of support emails generated from my store listing email address that ask pre-purchase questions about my app.

I think many of these questions would be self-answerable if the Store allowed potential users to download a PDF of my app's user guide.

I don't see an obvious place on my Store listing where I can put a link to the document, if that's even allowed.

I envision it would work like the link I provide to my privacy listing.

Any suggestions for this use case? Thanks!

Jon

P.S. The app itself has a button to access and save the user guide PDF which is an embedded program resource. But it's chicken and egg: the user has to buy the app first to get access to the user guide.
    • Edited by JonNJ Monday, September 7, 2020 3:38 PM
    Monday, September 7, 2020 3:35 PM

All replies

• Hello,

>>Can users download a document from the store listing?

No, this is not possible. The information in the Store listing is used to complete the store page of your app. You could try to make a simple guide about pre-purchase in the description of your app. 

Thank you.

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Tuesday, September 8, 2020 2:34 AM