none
Windows 10 characteristic update, version 1809 - Error 0xc1900204 RRS feed

• Question

• Some months ago Windows started to try to update the Cumulative Update KB410372. Every 2 days or so tried again to update but after installing 20% of the update stoped and reverted changes. Yesterday found that I could block that update untill further updates solved that problem, and I think I made it. But now I've got this newer update for version 1809 (the previous error was on a cumulative on for version 1803). I don't know if it has something to do with the previous error but now after installing almost half of the update stops and sends me the message of error 0xc1900204. 

I've got Windows 10 Home developers version (I bought this version by mistake) and can't get help from Microsoft Tech support in  normal chat, they told me I had to ask it in developers forum. So that's why I'm here. If you need further information about my system ask it so I can help you help me. Every help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, January 27, 2019 10:23 AM

All replies

• Type Windows Key + R and type Regedit” press Enter.

Locate the following

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

Right click on the value named ProgramFilesDir & change the default value C:\Program Files to the path you want to install all your programs in.

Click OK and Exit.

Restart the PC and try perform the update again
    Friday, June 12, 2020 1:33 PM