The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Where is Matrix.ScaleAt in Windows Phone OS 7.1? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

This may be an odd thing to ask, but I've searched everywhere and couldn't find even a single mention of this problem... I'm developing an application targeting Windows Phone OS 7.1 and I suddenly was surprised to find that the Matrix structure in System.Windows.Media is missing a bunch of methods like ScaleAt, Translate, etc.

Where are they? Are they missing altogether from SDK 7.1? They do show up all the time in official examples though so I'm kind of at a loss of what to do...

Thanks!

edit: In fact, I just realized this Matrix structure doesn't even implement matrix multiplication... I really don't know what's going on...
    • Edited by glopes Sunday, December 30, 2012 12:47 PM
    Sunday, December 30, 2012 12:39 PM

Answers

• Ok, got it... I didn't realize I had to play around with the Transform classes. TransformGroup allows you to chain transforms and obtain a Matrix in the end. Seems like a pretty roundabout way to do simple matrix multiplication, but fair enough. Sorry for the bother.
    • Marked as answer by glopes Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:11 PM
    Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:11 PM