none
App Crashes at Launch. Faulting module : KERNELBASE.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

So I have been trying to publish my application in the Store for a while now. But I always fail the certification process. I tested my application using Windows Application Certification Kit and I passed all the tests.

But I still fail the certification process.

So I contacted ReportApp and they sent me a mail with attached files of the Event Viewer.

There I see the faulting module name is KERNELBASE.dll and I don’t know how to fix that error. Cause the application is working properly in my laptop and I also passed the tests.

I am pasting the text below from one of the files they sent me of the event viewer:

Faulting application name: Notepad1.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0xde8c0d90
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.239, time stamp: 0xe665f337
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x00113442
    Faulting process id: 0x1308
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d558130a988397
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\28420JayeshBetala.Scratchpad_1.0.4.0_x64__rqy9t9scp90r6\Notepad1\Notepad1.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 047b3067-69a3-4c9d-a28b-78090bcd25b8
    Faulting package full name: 28420JayeshBetala.Scratchpad_1.0.4.0_x64__rqy9t9scp90r6
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Please help!

Thursday, August 22, 2019 7:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Jayesh Betala,

Could you continue to reply the email and ask the team about the device environment when testing your app to reproduce the error? Or ask them directly how to solve the problem. The forum can't track/test your app, so we cannot give an accurate analysis of your problem.But there is also a team which could track your app submission process that you could consult.(link >click 'Contact us' > 'Dashboard ..' as support topic > 'App certification failure' as  issue type > 'Submit an incident').

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 23, 2019 9:49 AM