The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Accessing RichEditBox control on BlankPage1.xaml from TabbedPage.xaml.cs RRS feed

• Question

• In my UWP app I'm trying to access my RichEditBox control from my BlankPage1.xaml page. I set the x:name of my RichEditBox also, to "editor" and x:FieldModifier to "public".

I created an object of the BlankPage1.xaml page like so: BlankPage1 page = new BlankPage1();

I thought I'd be able to access the control at that point with just putting: page.editor.functionName();

but the editor field name doesn't even show up. 

Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? 

• Edited by hjohnson12 Thursday, August 3, 2017 10:29 PM
    Thursday, August 3, 2017 10:29 PM

All replies

• Just want to know the scenario why you would like to do this, access one control from another page, and modify something? The changes might not be applied due to some system GC mechanism.

better to use binding instead. 

Friday, August 4, 2017 1:40 AM
  • Hi hjohnson12,

Any update? Could you tell me why do you want to this? And if possible, could you give me some code sample?

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:37 AM