none
[UWP]VS2015 RC Windows 10 UAP emulator missing RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

For the past 3 days I've reformatted my laptop, did a fresh install of Windows 10 Build 10130.  Installing VS 2015 RC, and up till today I'm still unable to get it to work.  Initially I had problems with xaml not loading at the design page, after reformatted my laptop and reinstalled VS2015RC I have no problem with it.  The latest problem I have now is the Emulator for this Visual Studio 10 is missing.  Despite the fact that I selected both the SDK and Emulator during installation.  I ran the installer one more time just to check if I selected the emulator, and it was there.  Repairing it did not do anything, as well as reformatting and reinstalling it.  I've already tried installing using the stand alone package, also didn't do anything.

Hope someone could help me to resolve this as it's getting really frustrating trying to get it to work for the past 3 days.

Thanks!

Friday, June 12, 2015 3:30 PM

Answers

• Do you have HyperV already installed? Make sure that it's installed on your machine, then run a repair on VS. If it's already installed, what is the error you're getting?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by Osirus Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:25 AM
    Monday, June 15, 2015 3:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Osirus,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! 

Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools .

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 15, 2015 7:00 AM
  • Do you have HyperV already installed? Make sure that it's installed on your machine, then run a repair on VS. If it's already installed, what is the error you're getting?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by Osirus Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:25 AM
    Monday, June 15, 2015 3:57 PM
  • Hi Matt.

Thanks! That was the problem, as I took for granted that VS 2015 RC would have install that by default.

Appreciate your help.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:27 AM