none
[RS3:1709][UWP][XBOX][DX][JS-HTM5] Xbox One - Expanded Resources in Fall Creators Update

Question

• I understand for C++ based UWP applications we can select the App and change its AppType to Game from App in order to access the Fall Creators Update Expanded Resources. However, when doing the same thing for a JavaScript built (HTML5) game will cause the App to not load (crashes) or have any beneficial effects at all. Are there any settings we need to change in order to get access to the expanded resources? 
    Thursday, November 02, 2017 4:02 AM

All replies

• Hi cryptwalker

I'm asking the related team about your issue. There would be sometime delay.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 03, 2017 9:44 AM
  • Hi cryptwalker

We could not reproduce your issue. May I know what game engine you are using for the HTML/JS game?

Would you like to share me a sample to reproduce the issue? It would be better for me to troubleshoot this problem quickly.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 06, 2017 4:24 AM
  • Hi Roy,

I am using the Construct 3 game engine (https://www.construct.net/) which can easily export to UWP and deploy on the Xbox One. I can definitely share whatever you need to help reproduce the issue. Would you need the actual project solution to test? Or any other way i can pass the code onto you?

thanks

Monday, November 06, 2017 5:21 AM
  • @cryptwalker

Just a sample that could reproduce your problem will be enough. You could delete all the sensitive code and give me a simple project. Share me the sample in the OneDrive.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Monday, November 06, 2017 9:27 AM
  • Hi Roy, I can't figure out how to PM on this so i'll just post the link here for the sample project :

[link removed]

thanks

• Edited by cryptwalker Tuesday, November 07, 2017 8:05 PM
    Monday, November 06, 2017 7:47 PM
  • I also have a UWP html5 game made with the Construct game engine, out on Xbox One on the Creators Collection.

While I don't have crashing issues, I also can't really tell if the Expanded Resources in the Fall Creators Update is actually increasing performance for the game.  Is there any documentation or anything for the Expanded Resources to help us understand what we should be seeing?
    Wednesday, November 08, 2017 11:43 PM
  • Hi Roy, any updates on this so far?
    Monday, November 13, 2017 5:32 PM
  • @cryptwalker

The sample works well in the test. There is no problems loading and running in either app or game mode. The question might be special and no longer be suitable for discussion in the forum.

I suggest that you could open a support ticket to ask about this question. Please contact our paid phone support at MS Support. You will get 1:1 support on that. Please kindly note that your support ticket will be free if it is Microsoft's issue.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:56 AM
  • @cryptwalker

I have updated my reply. Please check it.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, November 16, 2017 9:02 AM
  • Thanks Roy. Also, can you confirm that when set to Game Mode, the App (even when built in JavaScript) is actually using the Expanded Resources?
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:37 PM
  • @cryptwalker

I'm asking the related team about this. There would be some time delay.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Friday, November 17, 2017 2:05 AM