none
Any Plans for Individual Account to Publish Desktop App?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I would like to ask does Microsoft have any plans for individual account to publish desktop app??

Or it is a permanent policy??

Thanks!!

Sunday, October 21, 2012 9:21 AM

All replies

• Only companies are able to publish desktop apps and it is doubtful this will change.

Are you able to accomplish what you need to accomplish with a Windows 8 interface app?

-Eric

Monday, October 22, 2012 9:08 PM
  • Only companies are able to publish desktop apps and it is doubtful this will change.

Are you able to accomplish what you need to accomplish with a Windows 8 interface app?

-Eric

Very good question... So how to define desktop app? If my app provides both desktop and metro interface, is it a desktop app or metro app??

Thanks. 

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:39 AM

-Eric

Then allow at least changing an individual account to a company account. I've created 2 years ago my Windows Phone dev account as individual, not knowing that this would be a limitation 2 years later in the Windows 8 store. Now I cannot publish my desktop app without creating another dev account, which I won't do (I already have listed my metro style app).

• Edited by dvlg Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:56 PM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:55 PM