The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

[UWP] WACK failure help needed RRS feed

• Question

• We've converted our 8.1 app to a Universal Windows Platform app for Windows 10 and are now getting a certification error. I have searched the source code for FormatMessage and we are not directly calling it. We are calling Debug.Writeline or string.Format which may be internally calling FormatMessage but those APIs are allowed in windows store apps.

We have UseDotNetNativeToolchain set to true 

Any help appreciated. 

The same code passed WACK with VS 2015 RC version but is failing with RTM changes.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 11:39 PM

Answers

• The problem was not using EnableDotNetNativeCompatibleProfile on one of the projects.

Problem has been solved.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by sh_p11 Thursday, September 10, 2015 4:19 PM
    Thursday, September 10, 2015 4:19 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Windows App in Windows Store are in Release mode so I don't think it is still reasonable for you to use Debug.Writeline in your code. Would you please change it in your code then see whether you can pass the WACK?

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 27, 2015 11:10 AM
  • The whole point of Debug.Writeline is that it is used only in Debug mode and preprocessor takes care of removing it for release build. 

Our project is very large with 109 csproj files in the solution. And we cannot be expected to remove all the Debug Lines. If that is broken in VisualStudio RTM it would be a big issue. Remember VS RC version with same code is passing WACK.

Thursday, August 27, 2015 6:40 PM
  • @sh_p11,

Actually I've just tested from my application, both Windows 8.1 and Windows Universal App does not fail due to that Debug.WriteLine when using WACK. So in my last post I'm trying to ask you do a simple test about this. I guess Debug.WriteLine is not the main reason for this problem.

May I ask this question, can you reproduce the problem with a simple project upgrade from Windows 8.1 to UWP? Or do you mind to share the reproduce step for me?

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 31, 2015 2:16 AM
  • The problem was not using EnableDotNetNativeCompatibleProfile on one of the projects.

Problem has been solved.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by sh_p11 Thursday, September 10, 2015 4:19 PM
    Thursday, September 10, 2015 4:19 PM