[Thread Closed] Pubcenter revenue pain continues in Feb as welll RRS feed

• Question

• App download constant and fall in revenue continues in February as well. Am I the only or there is anyone else having similar kind of experience.

Regards

http://www.dotnetspeaks.com

Saturday, March 5, 2016 7:11 AM

All replies

• Me too
    • Proposed as answer by chetan gulati Saturday, March 5, 2016 1:24 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by chetan gulati Saturday, March 5, 2016 1:24 PM
    Saturday, March 5, 2016 9:12 AM
  • same here

I've created this thread:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/324058c8-c06e-46ab-b73d-3285348951ed/uwp-no-ad-available-since-end-of-january-anyone-else?forum=aiasdk

opened ticket and I am being told they are looking into it

this issue seems to be widespread and not just individual cases

this is very poor, hope a fix + explanation comes soon

cypripri

Saturday, March 5, 2016 11:54 PM
  • I opened ticket on 1st March, it seems team is working on it. But it is really bad on Microsoft part that the widespread issue is continuing since 1st Jan and they are unable to fix it.
    Sunday, March 6, 2016 5:37 PM
  • Hi All,

Having same issue here! Revenue is even negative!!!!!!! I cannot understand why this is happening! All the pain starts on February 9th! This is annoying!

PCBL

Pedro Castelo Branco Lourenço

Monday, March 7, 2016 12:47 PM
  • yes I'm seeing some negatives too!!!

cypripri

Monday, March 7, 2016 8:34 PM
  • The negative revenue is a bug and not expected - can you please check your reports in Dev Center, and let us know if you are seeing such values?

Regards,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 4:26 AM
  • Hi Cypripri,

Look the kind of answer I got from the support ticket I opened:

"I understand you have concerns regarding the eCPM on one or more of your apps.  I did take the time to review the links you sent me regarding other developers describing a similar concern, and I as mentioned in these threads, eCPM is expected to decrease outside of holiday seasons and other external variables that affect the current market value.  If you would like me to investigate this matter as a possible isolated issue, please reply with the account name, type (Dev or Pub), and a screenshot of the data causing your concern.  Please be sure to include the screenshots as attachments, else I will not be able to view them.   I look forward to hearing back from you, and have a great day!"

This is annoying! My revenue was stable the whole past year and I got an info that revenue might drop after holidays. Really?!

BR

Pedro

Pedro Castelo Branco Lourenço

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 12:43 PM
  • Yes, it is annoying. I had exactly the same answer, that it is normal after the holidays. You are even lucky you got the option to have it checked as an isolated issue, I wasn't offered that. I explained twice that my earnings were much higher year around, not only during holidays, and twice I got this same answer that it is normal after holidays.
    It has nothing to do with the holidays, and there are a lot of people experiencing this, there's many threads about this.
    Tuesday, March 8, 2016 12:59 PM
  • Yes its annoying. Your're at least making "some" money. I have around 200 000 ad-requests last 30 days, but made around 3 Euros. This Microsoft Advertising thing is a total joke.
    Tuesday, March 8, 2016 1:21 PM
  • I got this reply from the support. I understand there might be drop due to ad seasonality but it is for a month and a month half it doesn't last for 2 and half months. I disagree what support guy is saying.

"Thanks for your patience while we looked into this for you. After review, it looks like your advertising analytics (fill rate, revenue, eCPM) are within acceptable parameters. It looks as if on a couple of your ad units that the fill rate may be slightly lower than it was in December, but this can be attributed to ad industry seasonality and the phasing out a number of app cross-promotion pilots which have helped to boost fill rates in past months. Please let me know if you have any further questions. I will check in on you again Thursday."

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 3:03 AM
  • does anyone know if the Ad SDK has changed? I think it has and I updated it via Nuget Manager, but I can't remember for sure.

should we have changed something in code perhaps?

I noticed a few days ago that the parameter 'AutoRefreshIntervalInSeconds' used to allow 30s, but now the minimum is 60s, that came as a surprise

note that I am using the normal AdControl not the AdMediator

has anyone tried to recreate a brand new AdControl with new AdUnits to see if ads are being served?

am I, are we missing something?

my LOW is rather drastic, it's not a 50% drop, it's gone to ZERO and it is like that everyday.

Interstitials still work though, which is odd

thanks everyone

cypripri

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 11:35 PM
  • The only thing I see has changed in my reports along with revenue is the eCPM, it went down like almost 100% just like revenue.
    The rest (requests, impressions and fill rate), in my case it all is not only the same as usual buy actually increased.
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 8:33 AM
  • does anyone know if the Ad SDK has changed? I think it has and I updated it via Nuget Manager, but I can't remember for sure.

should we have changed something in code perhaps?

I noticed a few days ago that the parameter 'AutoRefreshIntervalInSeconds' used to allow 30s, but now the minimum is 60s, that came as a surprise

note that I am using the normal AdControl not the AdMediator

has anyone tried to recreate a brand new AdControl with new AdUnits to see if ads are being served?

I've released a brand new app with new AdMediator Ctrl (AdMediator 2.0.5 like in all of my other UWP projects) and set MS Ads to 100% and both AdDuplex and HouseAds to 0% and haven't received a single MsAd banner yet!  NOT A SINGLE AD FROM MSFT!!!  But oh sometimes I do see AdDuplex Banners (0% = backup).

But in my other projects MsAds are still beeing delivered.  That's soooo strange.

And NO I WONT create a support ticket.  Why should i?   Either those guys a) do NOTHING or b) LIE on us.  Or even both of that.

MSFT simply is absolutely incompetent.  The only solution I see is to replace the whole team.  With people that have a minimum knowlege of what they are doing.

We have mobile ads since WP7.  Then WP7.5  Then WP8 and WinRT followed by w8.1 Universal.   EVERYTHING WORKED.  Now we have UWP on win10 and NOTHING IS WORKING any longer.

Get back the old team please!

• Edited by wolfSYS Friday, March 11, 2016 4:52 PM
    Friday, March 11, 2016 4:03 PM
  • wolfSYS, I share your frustration!

I won't touch the AdMediator, it is too messed up/unfinished in my view. but like you said, it works absolutely fine on WP 8 / 8.1 !!!

here is something I've just discovered about the normal AdControl, can anyone help with this please !?

I tried testing things adding a new AdControl in xaml (drag and drop from the toolbar in VisualStudio) and here is what I get:

I think this is the root of my problem here (maybe I'm not the only one with this?)

There seems to be a clash between Microsoft.Advertising.WinRT.UI (that’s what I’ve always used in UWP since July 2015) and the Microsoft.Advertising version=255.255.255.255 (which is referenced when I’m adding a new AdControl today 11. Mar 2016).

Any tips welcome!

thanks

cypripri

• Edited by cypripri Friday, March 11, 2016 11:58 PM
    Friday, March 11, 2016 11:57 PM
  • I should not have complained.  Sorry, my fault.  Now MSFT strikes back:

Now I do see ads in the latest app (that didn't showed ads for 2 weeks).
    Great.

BUT now in all the other apps where there were ads before I ONLY SEE A WHITE SPACE and NO ADS.

<sarcasm on>
    THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH MICROSOFT!

YOU'RE DOING SUCH A GREAT BUSINESS!
    <sarcasm off>

• Edited by wolfSYS Tuesday, March 15, 2016 10:51 AM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 10:49 AM
  • today my UWP app started to show ads again (that's a nice change) BUT this is only on Mobile.

on PC I still have the dreaded white banner!!!

it's not even throwing an Error Event, it actually serving and refreshing white ads!

anyone else!?

cypripri

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 11:31 PM
  • Hi folks,

We are working through a number of changes to make your experience better. This was definitely not expected.

Can you please share the ad unit ids for which you are seeing blank ads? That will help us investigate and figure out what's going on

Thanks,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 3:31 AM
  • thanks Shreyas,

here are mine:

cypripri

• Proposed as answer by 41ste10k Friday, June 17, 2016 10:39 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Sumit Dutta1 Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:57 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 6:57 AM
  • Hi folks,

We are working through a number of changes to make your experience better. This was definitely not expected.

Can you please share the ad unit ids for which you are seeing blank ads? That will help us investigate and figure out what's going on

Thanks,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Because I am using AdMediator and Visual Studio Update 2 RC killed my Visual Studio (and I have to create another image) i can not do this at the very moment.  Please find attached the package SIDs of my UWP apps where I only have WHITE BANNERS:

S-1-15-2-3260168793-10702753-230936030-1357130701-2098816350-3323143013-3523258996
    S-1-15-2-1561126319-3491421869-1242171029-3553525604-4234922964-533858091-1325441714
    S-1-15-2-1959514241-3915876536-3079923482-873157091-4049480408-139588249-2990639937

S-1-15-2-3178667235-2520072958-4229275875-588352429-3113823253-1061391420-1526115364

I wonder if this advertisment HELL will ever come to an end...   personally I dont think so  :-((

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 11:30 AM
  • We are working through a number of changes to make your experience better. This was definitely not expected.

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

I have a very strange and radical suggestion: 

This is a mechanic from the very old days.  It's called TESTING.

Imagine - some years ago, software engineers did this.  Yes, really!  There were massive TEST CASES before a dev released his stuff.

Yes I know... that was in the old days.   Today you simply "try something out" and the customers will do your testing...  fubar!!!   But that seems to be the new Nadalla doctrine.  Unthinkable under Balmer!

We are loosing money on a daily basis because of your incompetence!  I mean really we should sue you.  Thats no fun anymore.

• Edited by wolfSYS Wednesday, March 16, 2016 3:46 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 11:37 AM
  • thanks Shreyas,

here are mine:

cypripri

Thanks Cypripri, for the details.

We have begun investigation on this and will use your ad units for the same. In the meantime, I would also please request you to open a support ticket and provide these details there, so that it is tracked appropriately and is taken to closure.

Thanks,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Thursday, March 17, 2016 4:50 PM
  • Hi WolfSys,

Firstly, I would like to sincerely apologize for your frustration. Please do not misinterpret what I said earlier - a number of changes have already been rolled out in the last few days, that has led to developers requests and impressions coming back up again. The blank ad issue is completely unrelated and we are already looking into it.

Although we will be able to pick up bits and pieces of information you provided from this forum thread, the best chance of having your issues resolved would be to open a support ticket and provide your ad unit and account details there, so that we can take a look. We can also engage with you 1:1 from there, if required, and track your issue to closure. It is very difficult  to debug issues e2e through information provided in the forum threads and track them to closure, and we will just end up nowhere. I therefore kindly request your cooperation here. 

Also we are completely aware of your concerns around low revenue and eCPMs - please rest assured that we are committed to resolve it at the earliest. We have already rolled out a number of changes that will improve your revenue, and more announcements are expected in the /build conference later this month. So please stay tuned.

Thanks for your patience, understanding and continued support

Regards,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Thursday, March 17, 2016 5:09 PM
  • Hi Shreyas,

The low revenue and inconsistency of fill rate, ecpm and other issues are stopping developer to move to full time app development. Many android and iOS developer are doing full time development because the consistency in the revenue every month and the revenue they get based on the quality of app and amount of app downloaded.

I am developing for Windows since 2010. I used to earn $10 everyday when I had download of 120 apps per day and I was seriously thinking of moving into full time app development. The mess started around 2012 when the problem started in pubcenter and it still persists.

My download have increased from 120 per day to 1500 per day but my revenue is still same $10 and sometime it is around $7.

This is happening for almost all the developers. Please check the forum in past 3-4 years, the forum should have been used for technical issues and more meaningful discussion. But most of the time discussion is around revenue ecpm etc.

The developer needs Micrsoft support to build more apps.

I have 2-3 apps in android and it has very very less download and if I compare revenue of android with Windows, trust me no one would like to invest time in Windows. All the people who are developing for Windows are just out of their love for Microsoft. Basically most of them are fanboys who wants Windows to grow. These fanboys can do magic if they make Windows app development as profession rather than part time app development. If you want I can share you my android and Windows revenue you can compare and I am sure you will feel the same what I told.

If possible send this to highest level possible so that they understand this is one of the reason app Windows ecosystem is not growing.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:47 PM
  • 'white banner' issue now solved!

I didn’t realise that both Microsoft Advertising SDK for XAML and Microsoft Advertising Universal SDK needed to be referenced. Did this change in February ?

I added the missing reference to the project (Microsoft Advertising Universal SDK) and I now see ads.

(Note that I don’t use the AdMediator and before February everything was working fine)

cypripri

Friday, March 18, 2016 12:19 AM
  • This white banner issue is not related to the client side I think, because sometimes I also see white banners, but most of the time I see regular ads. So it is most related to the Microsoft Advertising backend side.

The question is still the white banners count as impressions? I yes, then it simply not care.
    If no, then it must investigate, because we lost revenue.

Friday, March 18, 2016 12:54 AM
  • Hi DevTommy,

Are you still seeing white banners? If so, can you please provide your ad unit IDs and file a support ticket? We can take a look to investigate.

Thanks,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Friday, March 18, 2016 11:49 AM
  • Hi Sumit,

Thanks very much for the valuable feedback - we are very grateful for your continued patronage and passion to develop for Windows.

I completely understand what you are talking about and acknowledge the fact that the ride has not been easy for Windows app developers over the last few months. Would like to let you know that our core focus, as always, is to help improve developer revenue. We have been working towards bringing in more diversity and monetization options in our platform. A few updates have already been rolled out, and more are expected to be announced during the upcoming /build conference. We are confident that developer revenue will be back up and even surpass where it was in the past. Please stay tuned.

In the meantime, I will definitely pass on your message to our management team, as it is a true reflection of Windows developer sentiment.

If you have any specific issues that you would like us to investigate, please file a support ticket and we can take a look. That will also help us reach out to you 1:1 for product feedback and we can plan deeper engagements with you if you are interested.

Thanks again for your patience and continued support,

Regards,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Friday, March 18, 2016 11:53 AM
  • Hi Shreyas Ganesh

Just to let you, and the other people in this thread know. I was in touch with support regarding white/empty content ads back in august last year. They didn't find anything wrong and said ads where showing just fine in my app. After that I didn't bother with it any more. The problem is probably still existing.

So this is not a new problem. It has been there at least since august 2015.

And it is not related to AdMediator. My app only use the regular Ad Control.

Shreyas:

Support case ID was SRX1299900742ID

• Edited by Molvil Friday, March 18, 2016 12:09 PM
    Friday, March 18, 2016 12:06 PM
  • Hi Molvil,

Thanks for the information - are you still seeing the issue now in your apps? Is it for the same ad units? Trying to understand if it is the same issue, or a different one

Regards,
    Shreyas  

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Friday, March 18, 2016 5:01 PM
  • I'm not sure. Haven't had a device to test on for a while. I will check in a few days.
    Friday, March 18, 2016 10:32 PM
  • Hi Shreyas,

You were telling some announcement in build for advertising. Can you please share what is new announcement?

Regards

Sumit

Saturday, April 2, 2016 4:30 PM
  • They have announced Facebook Audience network but I cannot find information when this happens
    • Edited by neosonne Monday, April 4, 2016 8:52 AM
    Monday, April 4, 2016 8:47 AM
  • Hello Sumit,

Please see this blog for the monetization related announcements made at /build. 

On a sidenote, a number of data restatements have been completed over the past few days, and developers have begun to see improving revenue numbers. We are continuing to strive towards improving your revenue.

Thanks for your patience,

Regards,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Monday, April 4, 2016 12:48 PM
  • I can confirm that things are on the up here.

I hope this continues!

Thanks.

cypripri

Monday, April 4, 2016 1:06 PM
  • Thanks Shreyas!

Monday, April 4, 2016 1:23 PM
  • Thanks for the update Cypripri, glad to hear!

Regards,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 5:09 AM
  • Here is my data restatement. Three months+ ravenue of 0.40 - 0.50 cents a day...I can't buy a coffee with this...

• Edited by Milan2101 Tuesday, April 5, 2016 6:07 AM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 6:03 AM
  • @cypripri Sorry to say, but unfortunately not! Your screenshot is from PubCenter which is no longer valid.
    You should see the values in your DevCenter Dashboard. Much lower here! Still down.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 8:25 AM
  • good point.

have we had any official line on this? shouldn't PubCenter just shut down in this case?

from my observations, over the past few days, PubCenter is in line with DevCenter, but DevCenter is a couple of days behind.

but you're quite right, I should be cautious.

thanks.

cypripri

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 7:36 PM
  • Hi Shreyas Ganesh maybe You can help me to solve my problem. Could You check my message where i told about my app disappeared from the store without a reason and can You help me? None from Microsoft support helped me... Tried many times and im just tired of creating another support ticket. Link https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/bcf5e3ae-80d1-4bb1-a133-e062880acc9b/window-81-phone-app-is-not-searchable-using-name-in-the-store?forum=wpsubmit

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 9:49 PM
  • So lets make it clear for the support and the dev teams working on microsoft ad network (if we can name it this way): Every issue posted here from the developers keeping your 'ecosystem' alive, your store full and you having a job are global, real and very very very serious! For months we (the developers) are working on resolving the issues of your broken system, fighting with ZERO eCPM, low fill rate and requests, manipulated data (my case is that if the fill rate is low the requests are high, if it is high - the requests are low. So can you tell me how I am supposed to make higher ravenue?), testing your NOT WORKING SDKs, debuging your code, telling you your mistakes, opening hundreds of tickets, reading crazy answers, not receiving our money for months (this is not fixed yet too), waiting for a week or two to see reports in devcenter to see how our work is doing and if something is not ok we must open a ticket, wait for another couple of days for ridiculous answer and again no fixes, then we post our problem in this forum, we see that the problem is not private and it is GLOBAL and again there is no working on resolving it and again we get ZEROES, DATA UPDATE DELAYED, PAYMENTS NOT SENT, APPS CRASHING BECAUSE OF YOUR SDKS ( one star rating from people in store, our work is facing the bottom ), BUGS AND ERRORS EVERYWHERE, RAVEUE 98% DOWN and so on and so on...Guys, please stop with the template answers, start to test your work and give the people giving you job one stable system for work, making business and money...SO IF I AM NOT UNDERSTOOD AGAIN, THIS IS A SUMMERY: 1. start delivering ads; ecpm at least 1$ - 1.5$; fill rate at least 50%; fill rate and requests not attached to each other; devCenter dashboard update everyday; send the people's money - you are not a bank deposit; fix the core code so the apps do not crash and test it all before you release it and so on and so on..............This are basic stuff any other network is providing, so we do not want some unattainable things - just one normal workflow...
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:59 AM
  • they can't, the problem exists since years, ms must replace this not competent team
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 7:13 AM
  • FACT
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 7:57 AM
  • FACT! All you are saying is very true!!

"For months we (the developers) are working on resolving the issues of your broken system"

"testing your NOT WORKING SDKs, debuging your code, telling you your mistakes, opening hundreds of tickets"

"waiting for a week or two to see reports in devcenter to see how our work is doing and if something is not ok we must open a ticket, wait for another couple of days for ridiculous answer and again no fixes, then we post our problem in this forum, we see that the problem is not private and it is GLOBAL and again there is no working on resolving it and again we get ZEROES, DATA UPDATE DELAYED, PAYMENTS NOT SENT, APPS CRASHING BECAUSE OF YOUR SDKS ( one star rating from people in store, our work is facing the bottom ), BUGS AND ERRORS EVERYWHERE, RAVEUE 98% DOWN"

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 9:30 AM
  • Now this is epic, estimated revenue changes when you switch between graph and map.

Thursday, April 7, 2016 2:36 PM
  • hi Shreyas,

False hope.

All the past week data (eCPM and Revenue) has changed again to almost zero.

I was looking at something which I thought was accurate (out of the grey area) and now it changes again.

Very disappointed.

Cyprien

cypripri

Friday, April 8, 2016 5:13 PM
  • Hello Cypripri,

Sincere apologies for the frustration - a few negative adjustments might have come in for your ad units, and this might have caused the numbers to go down. Big differences are not expected, although it is technically possible for 3rd party demand providers to adjust their data upto 45 days in the past. However, we are following up with them to understand why this happened.

I completely understand that there are many reporting issues coming up back to back - I would like to reiterate that we are working hard with our external partners to ensure we get to more reliable reporting at the earliest.

Please do bear with us in the meantime,

Regards,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Thursday, April 14, 2016 4:49 AM
  • Shreyas,

Can we expect increase in revenue or it will be like this in near future? 

I asked direct question and hoping to get direct answer :)

Thanks

Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:30 AM
  • Hello Sumit,

I can assure you that the issue of low revenue for our developers has been escalated to high levels in the management chain, including those from our demand partners. So yes, it is expected that the revenue might improve, but might not happen overnight. Sorry about that.

I have a question for you - can you please check the sizes of your ad controls, in your app code, and ensure they are all standard IAB sizes? There have been issues around availability of ads to serve for non-IAB standard sizes for sometime now, so checking if that might be the reason for your drop in fills/ revenue?

@Cypripri - can you also please check sizes of all your ad controls, in your app code and ensure that they are a standard IAB size?

Thanks,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Monday, April 18, 2016 8:57 AM
  • Shreyas,

What are the standard IAB sizes?

Monday, April 18, 2016 9:03 AM
  • i would suggest just to stick to the standard MSFT ad banner sizes (=just IAB subset) and NOT to the full standard IAB sizes that provide a much more broader range with some exotic formats (300x1050 down to 88x31) like descriped here...

• Edited by wolfSYS Monday, April 18, 2016 10:00 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2016 9:52 AM
  • Hi Shreyas,

I will check and get back to you. 

At the mean time I have one question for you :)

Why the ad control (no mediation) can't show the ad of mobile size on mobile device?

There are almost no ads on mobile, even if it is there, it shows big ad of tablet even though I check the device type and take corresponding action. 

Here is the code snippet.

protected override void OnNavigatedTo(NavigationEventArgs e)
            {
                string deviceForm = AnalyticsInfo.VersionInfo.DeviceFamily;
                if (deviceForm.Equals("Windows.Mobile"))
                {
                    horizontalBannerAds.ApplicationId = "697c843d-02dc-4c93-a33a-d6e225c5da03";
                    horizontalBannerAds.AdUnitId = "281702";
                    horizontalBannerAds.Height = 80;
                    horizontalBannerAds.Width = 480;
                    horizontalBannerAds.IsAutoRefreshEnabled = false;
                    horizontalBannerAds.Refresh();
                    horizontalBannerAds.IsAutoRefreshEnabled = true;
                }

}

Regards

Sumit

Monday, April 18, 2016 6:16 PM
  • Sumit Dutta1,

I'm just curious why you do this:

horizontalBannerAds.IsAutoRefreshEnabled = false;
    horizontalBannerAds.Refresh();
    horizontalBannerAds.IsAutoRefreshEnabled = true;

Monday, April 18, 2016 6:19 PM
  • Ideally this is not required but you know the Microsoft Advertising SDK :D

The reason for writing above 3 lines is

In XAML there is already width and height set for tablet which is 728X90 and the request to get ad will be already triggered on load of app.

So after setting the width and height for mobile i am refreshing the ad so that it can abort previous request which is triggered from Xaml code and do fresh request with new width and height specified in ad control.

But unfortunately this also brings me ad of tablet. The mobile fill rate is way poor and this issue is making all the mobile ads irrelevant.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 3:16 AM
  • thanks Shreyas,

yes, mine are of standard size: 728x90 for PC and 320x50 for mobile

I have a question on that topic. How does an app like MSFT NEWS manage to scale down a 728x90 banner as the window gets resized?

I know about adaptive layout and visual states but I haven't found anywhere where this is explained. Can we actually do this?

Here it is in screenshots, how does the ad stay the same but change sizes?

Thanks!

full size:

medium size:

and smallest size on PC:

cypripri

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 8:23 PM
  • Shreyas,

This is the earning for one of the app in last 30 days. There is impression of 28700, CTR is 0.1% and earning of around $2.9.

Is it normal behavior or something is wrong?

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:04 PM
  • very similar here, with:

39430 impressions, 0.09% CTR and earnings of 4.36 USD

(last 30 days)

cypripri

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 8:47 PM
  • Here:

51 638 impressions, 0,03CTR and 5,6 USD

But only 29% fill rate.

Been the normal behavior for over a year for me.
    • Edited by Molvil Wednesday, April 20, 2016 10:16 PM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 8:54 PM
  • Impressions: 73 998

Fill rate 24, 238%

eCPM: €0.05

Revenue €3.95

Very high motivation to work for ms

Thursday, April 21, 2016 5:33 AM
  • Hi Shreyas / Microsoft Advertising team,

It would be great if someone can answer the question raised on below dates in this thread..

Monday, April 18, 2016 6:19 PM

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:04 PM

Thanks

Monday, April 25, 2016 5:30 PM
  • I'm too

eCPM 0.04

Impression 134.753

Thanks for Microsoft's Cooperation!!!

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 1:39 AM
  • I just want to share a screenshot of my face ( emotion ) while I am looking at the devCenter ( pubCenter ) reports for ecpm -> ravenue...Many months getting same emotion from working for windows store...disaster....

Thursday, May 5, 2016 9:39 PM
  • I just want to share a screenshot of my face ( emotion ) while I am looking at the devCenter ( pubCenter ) reports for ecpm -> ravenue...Many months getting same emotion from working for windows store...disaster....

he he...
    Thursday, May 5, 2016 9:53 PM
  • :)))))))))))))))

@Milan2101 You are the best!!

I'm just laughing for 20 minutes about your post! Thanks!
    • Edited by devtommy Friday, May 6, 2016 12:52 AM edit
    Thursday, May 5, 2016 11:50 PM
  • HA HA 10x guys :):):)...At least we can laugh for a little in this dark times for us - the broke windows store developers
    Friday, May 6, 2016 7:24 AM
  • compared to my face, you look happy ))
    Friday, May 6, 2016 8:27 AM
  • you don't want to see my face.
    looking more like emperor palpatine day by day with all that headache caused by MSFT not getting their things done...
    Sunday, May 8, 2016 11:55 AM
  • Windows is the only platform where revenue is inversely proportional to download 

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 1:56 PM
  • And request to fill rate too...But what you expect, this is Microsoft Advertising...Developers from all over the world are unhappy, disappointed, demotivated, not making money, stopping work for this (I don't have such stupid word in my dictionary to describe it) microsoft broken system and still they are not doing anything. Nobody is answering, nobody is reading what we write here. Half of the year is almost gone and we still see ecpm of 0.10$...and nobody from this company cares...There were some answers that they are working for resolving all this issues but there is no explanation what should we expect, when, what exactly is going to be improved...EEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Still there are some alive developers here!!! We are starving but still alive...Can someone who is working in this thing Microsoft Advertising please tell us in one - two sentences: we are doing this, this is going to happen then, this kind of stuff - we have the rights to know what is happening and what we must do - leave or stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. please answer in one day, time is money you know...

• Edited by Milan2101 Thursday, May 12, 2016 1:41 PM
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 1:39 PM
  • zdravei milan
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 1:54 PM
  • Hi Milan,

Time to leave...  Personally I've created tickets week ago (1338175000,  1338177314, 1338179529). Until now no any response about any progress! And I can create at least 2 or more tickets (visible Ad report related problems). But why waste time even for that?

Best regards,

Andrey

Friday, May 13, 2016 5:11 AM
  • Maybe we can try commonly contacting Satya Nadella about the past 1-2 years continues degrading of the Windows Store Dashboard functionalities and about the anoying customer support.
    I found this address: satyan@microsoft.com

We could try to create a list about the problems and then send it to Satya.

Not sure about is it really worth to do this as maybe nothing will change.

Sunday, May 22, 2016 8:08 AM
  • @devtommy - No harm in trying

Monday, May 23, 2016 3:36 AM
  • Dev center broken its own record and touched new low. 

Monday, May 23, 2016 3:40 AM
  • So, this month so far I earned $100 for 46000 (approx) app download. 

- Requests are down

- Impressions are down

- Fill Rate is down

Is anything working? 

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 3:24 AM
  • Hello Folks,

Firstly, sincere apologies for the frustration - we have been bombarded with a number of reporting issues from our demand partners over the past couple of months. We also understand that revenue has been way below par.

Would like to reiterate that we understand your frustration and are committed towards resolving the issues at the earliest.

This particular reporting issue is due to incorrect data flowing into our system from one of our demand provider,s which has resulted in reporting discrepancies. We are following up with them to have it resolved at the earliest. No ETA yet, please rest assured this is a high pri issue for us and we are on it.

If you need any further information please send an email to msft-aia-help@microsoft.com, and one of us from engineering will respond and provide details as needed.

Thanks for your understanding and support,

Regards,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Thursday, May 26, 2016 9:16 AM
  • So, Microsoft advertising paid me $130 (approx) for 50000 download (approx) in a month.

Should I still invest time in Windows?

Monday, June 13, 2016 5:27 PM
  • So, Microsoft advertising paid me $130 (approx) for 50000 download (approx) in a month.

Should I still invest time in Windows?

Hi Sumit Dutta1,

Would like to engage 1:1 with you to answer any queries you might have and for feedback regarding reporting - could you please drop me a note at msft-aia-help@microsoft.com ?

Thanks,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:55 AM

he he...

Hi Molvil,

Would like to engage 1:1 with you for feedback regarding reporting - could you please drop me a note at msft-aia-help@microsoft.com ?

Thanks,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:56 AM
  • Hi Shreyas,

I raised ticket (SRX1339164230ID) for revenue issue one and half month back and got expected reply everything is fine. 

I stopped follow up after that.

By any means $130 for 50000 download is way way low.

Regards

Sumit

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:41 AM
  • Hi Molvil,

Would like to engage 1:1 with you for feedback regarding reporting - could you please drop me a note at msft-aia-help@microsoft.com ?

Thanks,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Shreyas,

Didn't see this before just now. I have dropped you a note.

Thursday, June 23, 2016 10:03 AM
  • Hi Molvil,

Thanks,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Shreyas,

Didn't see this before just now. I have dropped you a note.

Thanks Molvil! :)

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:55 AM
  • Report is again frozen since 23rd June.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 6:15 AM
  • Hi Sumit,

Please drop me a note at msft-aia-help@microsoft.com, and I can help get your reporting unblocked, while the broader issue is fixed.

Thanks,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Thursday, June 30, 2016 10:42 AM
  • Am I the only one who is still seeing poor revenue?

Thanks

Monday, July 11, 2016 3:21 PM
  • Hey MSFT,

It seems Microsoft Advertising for devs is in bottom of priority list in entire business. In 320, 336 request, the served impression is 93,950 and revenue is Rs. 1224 ~ $18. Are you kidding or this is the standard of MS advertising?

Stopped developing for Windows as it is complete wastage of time but I do check the report to see if there is improved so that I start it back. It seems Microsoft is least bother of Advertising for devs.

Saturday, July 16, 2016 4:04 PM
  • It's the standard. I don't make anything with ads anymore.
    Saturday, July 16, 2016 10:04 PM
  • Hello All,

Due to the age of this thread this topic is closed. If you are experiencing a similar issue please start a new thread.

-Eric

Contact Dev Center Support

Monday, October 17, 2016 8:18 PM
    Owner