The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

[UWP] Deploy app on Windows 10 OS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys , I want to install my windows apps that develop on windows 8.1 OS . Is it posible to run or install it on windows 10  OS ?. If can't install directly , what should I need to do in order to install it ? Should I switch my development platform to Win 10 also ?

Thanks in Adavance. :)

Monday, March 21, 2016 4:11 AM

Answers

• Hello imNeil,

Yes Windows 8.1 app can install on Windows 10 OS. How do you want to deploy your app, from the dashboard or just sideload this app to another OS?

If you just want to sideload your app, you can create app package and run the powershell script. For details you can follow steps below:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/jj874388.aspx

If you want to install it through dashboard, I think just upload Windows 8.1 package to dashboard is OK.

By the way, if you want to get benefit from UWP apps, I think you'd better switch to develop a new Windows 10 UWP app.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by imNeil Tuesday, March 22, 2016 10:31 AM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2016 8:26 AM