none
App Display Names not matching RRS feed

• Question

• I’m trying to update an app e.g.  “Any App Name”  but I’m having trouble associating the app with the Store app in Visual Studio project.

When I Project->Publish->Associate App ,  I get an app named “b8xa1xx App Name” (an example) on the drop-down list.  I have a number of apps with this kind of naming structure.

I can’t get my app through Store Validation. 

Can you offer a solution to this problem? What causes this new name to be added?

Fritz Switzer

Friday, November 8, 2019 9:22 PM

All replies

• Hi fswitz,

>I get an app named “b8xa1xx App Name” (an example) on the drop-down list.  

Did you mean the name of the app is “b8xa1xx App Name”(which actually shows up as 'App Name' on Overview page in Dashboard) when the associate app with Store in the Visual Studio list?

>I can’t get my app through Store Validation. 

Which step did you failed?Could you show me the detailed error info(Don't include any personal information) to analyze the issue?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 11, 2019 2:26 AM
  • Daisy Tian, 

Here are the steps that I'm following:

1.  Open the Partner Center and select and app from the Overview list.  e.g. 

( first on the list) "AFP"    …. "Unavailable in the Store"  

2.  Open the Package Management-> Package Identity

Package/Identity/Name 999999xxxxxx.AFP

Store ID 9WxxxxxxxxL3

So I now go to Visual Studio and open my UWP source code....make changes/updates etc. 

Select Project->Publish->Associate Store App ->Next ->Select An App Name

Now in the list the App names have added a prefix to the App Name and the list contains something like the following:

"56XXX01 AFP"  

The prefixes are some what random. 

Where do these strange prefixes come from?  How do I get them corrected? 

Thanks

Fritz Switzer

Monday, November 11, 2019 5:03 PM
  • Hi fswitz,

>(first on the list) "AFP"    …. "Unavailable in the Store"  
    Was your app removed from Store by Microsoft? Do your other apps that have not been removed from the Store have prefixes in the VS list?

>Package/Identity/Name 999999xxxxxx.AFP
    The prefix 999999xxxxxx is used by Microsoft to identify the uniqueness of your account, you can't change it by yourself.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 9:06 AM