none
WebAuthenticationBroker results in WebAuthenticationStatus.UserCancel with ResponseErrorDetail as 0 RRS feed

• Question

• As said earlier WebAuthenticationBroker results in WebAuthenticationStatus.UserCancel with ResponseErrorDetail as 0. I have not cancelled the WebAuthenticationBroker. Actually there is a WebAuthenticationResult available even before the WebAuthenticationBroker opens up.

webAuthenticationResult
    {Windows.Security.Authentication.Web.WebAuthenticationResult}
        ResponseData: ""
        ResponseErrorDetail: 0
        ResponseStatus: UserCancel
        Native View: To inspect the native object, enable native code debugging.

This is what I get when I check in the Immediate Window. 

Thanks in advance.

Monday, April 29, 2019 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It's unclear about your question. Could you please explain more about what is happening? What behavior you are getting? What did you do to get such behavior? What's the behavior you want to get? What's the online identity provider?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 6:47 AM
  • Hello,

The issue is happening in only one of the computers I'm testing in, the problem is when I try to open the WebAuthenticationBroker, even before it gets popped up, the result of the WebAuthenticationBroker is obtained with status as ResponseStatus: UserCancel. When I check the ResponseErrorDetail the result is 0.

It works fine in all the other machines. 

But in the same machine when we try using WebView the page loads up and the sign-in is successful.

Thursday, May 2, 2019 4:03 AM
  • Hi ,

This is strange. It works well in other devices means the code is correct. This problem is highly possible related to the specific device.  I suggest that you might need to open a support ticket for this. Please contact our paid phone support at MS Support. You will get 1:1 support on that. Please kindly note that your support ticket will be free if it is Microsoft's issue.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 3, 2019 2:41 AM
  • Actually I just need info on this case

webAuthenticationResult

ResponseData: ""

ResponseErrorDetail: 0

ResponseStatus: UserCancel

When is this possible, what all cases might cause this.

Friday, May 3, 2019 9:28 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, we all know many cases might cause this, that's why it needs someone to contact you 1:1 so that he could help to find out more information via email or phone that could talk more than on the forum. 

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Monday, May 6, 2019 4:04 AM
  • Could you please tell me all the cases that might cause this error.

webAuthenticationResult

ResponseData: ""

ResponseErrorDetail: 0

ResponseStatus: UserCancel

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 10:41 AM