none
[UWP][C#] Problem Resolving Default Langauge Warning RRS feed

• Question

• I can't figure out how to get rid of this compiler warning about my default languages, even though I have the default languages set to en in both the csproj and the package.appxmanifest

Warning  0xdef00522 - Resources found for language(s) 'en' but no resources found for default language(s): 'en-US'. Change the default language or qualify resources with the default language. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The default language for UWP apps is "en-US".

If you create a Resources.resw for the "en" language, change the name of theresource to "en-US" and set the default language in package.appxmanifest For "en-US".

You can create "en" language resources, but you must have "en-US" language resources.

If you don't plan to support multiple languages, you can set the default language to "en-US"

For information on UWP support languages, see this document.

For support on UWP localization, see this document.

Best regards.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 1:21 AM