Mobile Application Development RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I would like to ask help & Suggestion from all of you. I'm the developer for Windows application. Right now I have to develop for Mobile application with HTML5. Please suggest me which IDE (Such as, MS Studio 2012), Which 3rd Party Tools (i.e; DevExpress) and what kind of development method (i.e: MVVM or MVC or Single Page) should I use to implement?

Thanks & Regards,

Phyoe

Thanks & Regards, Phyoe

Friday, September 20, 2013 4:20 AM

All replies

• What platform are you writing it for?

If you are planning to write your app for Windows Phone, I would recommend Visual Studio with the default HTML5 template for Windows Phone. If you are talking about a different platform (iOS or Android), I would recommend asking a question on their forums.

Wasabi Fan

Friday, September 20, 2013 4:26 AM
  • Hi Wasabi,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to develop for iOS and Android but some of the component such as (DevExpress) can develop for any mobile platform by using MS Visual Studio. That why I'm asking at here.

Thanks & Regards,

Phyoe

Thanks & Regards, Phyoe

Friday, September 20, 2013 4:33 AM
  • Hi Phyoe,

Thanks for your posting.

From your descritpion,I think that this issue is related to mobile appilication development.Windows Phone forum is more suitable for it.So I move it  to Windows Phone forum.

Windows Phone forum:  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=wpapps

This forum  moderator and community will be gald to help you.

Hope these help.

Lilia Gong <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 20, 2013 5:12 AM
  • Lilia,

I don't think the WP forum is the right place for this question. The OP stated that he is asking about IOS and Android, and no forums on this site will help there. He needs to ask this in the IOS or Android forums instead.

Wasabi Fan

Friday, September 20, 2013 5:42 AM
  • Hi Phyoe,

From your description, I know that you want to develop for IOS and Android .I would like to suggest you that you can see this video: Creating iOS and Android Apps with Visual Studio and C#

In addition ,you can refer How can I use MS Visual Studio for Android Development?

Hope these help.

Note:

This response contains two references to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Lilia Gong <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 20, 2013 6:48 AM
  • Actually I think this is the wrong forum. ASP.net / MVC have features for mobile development. This forum is specifically related to Windows Phone.

http://pauliom.wordpress.com

Friday, September 20, 2013 6:55 AM
  • I really don't understand what's happening here. The OP has asked for developing native HTML5 apps for IOS and Android. Why is this a discussion, why does he need a link to writing IOS apps with C#, why is it now in the WP forum, and why should it ever be in the ASP .Net forum? It shouldn't even be on the MS forums, it should be on an Apple or Google forum, where there are people that can answer it.

Phyoe: I think you should ask this in the IOS or android forums.

Wasabi Fan

Friday, September 20, 2013 2:22 PM
  • Sorry but I don't agree. The question asks for using VS. Plus there is nothing wrong with targeting mobile platforms (well I don't like it but there you go) from a web site. E.g. Bootstrap is now pre-packaged and would provide a decent solution in itself let alone the MVC mobile features. Now if the post author wants to dig into internals of those platforms then no, this is the place to be...http://xamarin.com/ 

Friday, September 20, 2013 10:30 PM
  • The way I understand it, they are trying to write native apps with HTML5 (not make a mobile website). I may be wrong, but I think that it is just a question of IOS/Android specific information. If I am right, I think it would make more sense to ask this in a different forum. The only reason that I could see this staying in these forums is if it is really only about VS, in which case I think it should be moved to the VS forums.

Wasabi Fan

Friday, September 20, 2013 10:51 PM
  • I agree that either way this forum isn't particularly useful for this post

Saturday, September 21, 2013 5:08 AM