The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

[UWP] Can't deploy to simulator more than once RRS feed

• Question

• I recently starting having an issue with all of my UWP apps.  If the simulator is closed, then I can deploy and debug my apps in the simulator.  If the simulator is open then I receive the following error message:

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
    Error		DEP0700 : Registration of the app failed. An internal error occurred with error 0x80073D05. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues. (0x80073cf6)			

I have to close the simulator to redeploy, which is tedious.

• Edited by AEON Soft Saturday, March 18, 2017 11:22 AM
    Saturday, March 18, 2017 11:22 AM

All replies

• Hi AEON,

You have the same topic with answer in this link : https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/566e53ec-2020-4969-9f17-f0a5a916f027/error-dep0700-registration-of-the-app-failed?forum=winappswithcsharp

Therefore, maybe you should try to repair your VS.

Hope it wil be useful.

If it's good for you, can you mark this answer as answer of your question please?

Follow me on twitter : https://twitter.com/NordineMhoumadi

Download my NEW FREE application MCP PREPARATION in the Windows 10 Store for preparing your Microsoft Certification or test your skills in Microsoft Technologies;

Saturday, March 18, 2017 3:58 PM
  • While the repair worked for a day or so, it's back to the same error now.  Not sure what is causing it, but I'm not going to run a repair that too long to fix the issue each time this occurs.  I need a permanent solution.  Killing the simulator each time isn't an option either.
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:07 PM
  • Hi AEON Soft,

Do you try the way that going to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Packages\ folder, finding a folder that has your application’s Package Family Name in it and deleting that folder?

You can refer to Error: DEP0700: Registration of the app failed. An internal error occurred to get more details.

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 2:04 AM
  • Yes, this is what I'm having to do multiple times per day right now.  I shouldn't have to do this.  This isn't a solution, this is a workaround for a defect.

Also, I would like to add the problem is with the simulator.  If I debug to local machine, then I don't have the issue.  It's only when using the simulator.

• Edited by AEON Soft Tuesday, March 28, 2017 11:19 AM
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 11:07 AM
  • Hi AEON Soft,

Could you tell me the Visual Studio version, the simulator OS version and OS build for more accurately testing? 

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:20 AM
  • Visual Studio:  14.0.25527.01
    Simulator:  Not sure what you mean by Simulator OS version, it runs the same Windows 10 build you are on
    Windows 10: v1607, Build 14393.953

Thursday, March 30, 2017 1:50 PM