none
Unable to register for the "Windows & Xbox" program RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a Xamarin Forms application and successfully published it to Apple's AppStore and Google's Play Store. Now I want to publish it to the Windows Store, but I am completely stuck.

I am the global admin of our Azure AD account and have access to the Partner Center. I went to the Windows & Xbox sign-up page and it requested me to sign-up. When I click on the 'sign up now' button, I get redirected back again to the dashboard overview page and sometimes to this page stating that my account is not associated with a Partner Center account.

I haven't found an option to obtain support, so this MSDN is my last resort. I start to understand why there are hardly any UWP applications. Registration is just a pain...

Monday, July 20, 2020 7:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To publish your app into the store, you need to register a developer account that could publish the app instead of using the Azure account. 

Please check this document Opening a developer account to register your developer account.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 1:43 AM
  • To publish your app into the store, you need to register a developer account that could publish the app instead of using the Azure account. 

Please check this document Opening a developer account to register your developer account.

I think I do have a developer account, because I can see the Developer Settings and it's a verfied company account:

I can register for Microsoft Office development, but not for Windows and Xbox development :-( Don't know what to do. Or do I need to create a MS account using Outlook? I want to keep my accounts centralized in Azure AD and not having these kind of "magic" personal master accounts...

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 7:15 AM
  • Hi,

Could you please check the role of this account? According to this document- Assign roles to account users, not all the roles could publish apps to the store. Please click the User tab in your image, then you could see what's the role of your account.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 4:11 AM