[UWP][VB]GotFocus & LostFocus Events in the Emulator RRS feed

• Question

• I have an app in which I need to handle the GotFocus & LostFocus events of an ItemsControl. In the Simulator I am able to do this with no trouble, but in the Emulator I seem to be unable to detect these events. I tried the Emulator in both Touch & Mouse modes, but neither one worked. Is there something special required for these events in the Emulators? Is there a better way to do this (I am using these events to change the Height property when the user starts using or is done with it). I looked at the Manipulation events, but I often find them confusing and hard to use, so I avoid them when possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Thursday, September 17, 2015 3:51 AM

All replies

• Hello Nathan Sokalski,

>>Is there a better way to do this (I am using these events to change the Height property when the user starts using or is done with it).

From your description, I would think that you would let users interact with these ItemControls, for example, press/draw them, if so maybe you could consider using the PointerPressed or

PointerReleased event.

Above opinion is a hypothetical suggestion since we does not know the exact scenario, if that is incorrect, as I mention above, please show some more information like the control code, some screenshots, a repro project would be better.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Fred Bao Wednesday, October 7, 2015 10:46 AM
    Friday, September 18, 2015 5:21 AM