Validation error: We can't read the .appxbundle while uploading the package RRS feed

• Question

• I am not able to upload the package , it is showing error "Validation error: We can't read the .appxbundle while uploading the package"  I have checked every thing, App is associated with Store, compiled several times, passing local validation, even manifest file in the release folder looks fine, also attaching the manifest file with this message, so not sure when went wrong this time, I submitted another app 2 weeks ago and it was submitted without any issue,

Please Help ASAP

AppManifest.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Package xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2010/manifest" xmlns:m2="http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2013/manifest" xmlns:build="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/appx/2012/build" IgnorableNamespaces="build">
      <!--
        THIS PACKAGE MANIFEST FILE IS GENERATED BY THE BUILD PROCESS.

Changes to this file will be lost when it is regenerated. To correct errors in this file, edit the source .appxmanifest file.

For more information on package manifest files, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=241727
      -->
      <Identity Name="PeridotTechnologiesNYInc.Holograms" Publisher="CN=291E33F4-CE6D-448F-9B7C-031F924A3F95" Version="1.1.0.0" ProcessorArchitecture="neutral" />
      <Properties>
        <DisplayName>Holograms</DisplayName>
        <PublisherDisplayName>Peridot Technologies NY Inc</PublisherDisplayName>
        <Logo>Assets\StoreLogo 50x50.png</Logo>
      </Properties>
      <Prerequisites>
        <OSMinVersion>6.3.0</OSMinVersion>
        <OSMaxVersionTested>6.3.0</OSMaxVersionTested>
      </Prerequisites>
      <Resources>
        <Resource Language="EN-US" />
      </Resources>
      <Applications>
        <Application Id="App" Executable="Holograms.exe" EntryPoint="Holograms.App">
          <m2:VisualElements DisplayName="Holograms" Square150x150Logo="assets\logo 150x150.png" Square30x30Logo="Assets\SmallLogo 30x30.png" Description="4D Hologram creator and viewer app to create virtual hologram with 4 dimentional images and holographic pyramid" ForegroundText="light" BackgroundColor="green">
            <m2:DefaultTile ShortName="Holograms" DefaultSize="wide310x150Logo" Square70x70Logo="Assets\logo 70X70.png" Square310x310Logo="Assets\logo 310x310.png" Wide310x150Logo="Assets\logo 310x150.png">
              <m2:ShowNameOnTiles>
                <m2:ShowOn Tile="square150x150Logo" />
                <m2:ShowOn Tile="wide310x150Logo" />
                <m2:ShowOn Tile="square310x310Logo" />
              </m2:ShowNameOnTiles>
            </m2:DefaultTile>
            <m2:SplashScreen Image="Assets\SplashScreen 620x300.png" BackgroundColor="green" />
          </m2:VisualElements>
          <Extensions>
            <Extension Category="windows.fileOpenPicker">
              <FileOpenPicker>
                <SupportedFileTypes>
                  <FileType>.4dh</FileType>
                </SupportedFileTypes>
              </FileOpenPicker>
            </Extension>
          </Extensions>
        </Application>
      </Applications>
      <Capabilities>
        <Capability Name="internetClient" />
        <Capability Name="picturesLibrary" />
        <DeviceCapability Name="webcam" />
      </Capabilities>
      <build:Metadata>
        <build:Item Name="TargetFrameworkMoniker" Value=".NETCore,Version=v4.5.1" />
        <build:Item Name="VisualStudio" Version="12.0" />
        <build:Item Name="VisualStudioEdition" Value="Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2013" />
        <build:Item Name="OperatingSystem" Version="6.3.9600.16384 (winblue_rtm.130821-1623)" />
        <build:Item Name="Microsoft.Build.AppxPackage.dll" Version="12.0.21005.1" />
        <build:Item Name="Microsoft.Windows.UI.Xaml.Build.Tasks.dll" Version="12.0.21005.1" />
        <build:Item Name="MakePri.exe" Version="6.3.9600.16384 (winblue_rtm.130821-1623)" />
      </build:Metadata>
    </Package>

Saturday, November 23, 2013 5:07 AM

Answers

• Hey Omar and additional posters,
    I wanted to jump in and inform everyone that this has come up, and we are working on the fix for this. There is no expected resolution date at the moment, but there is a confirmed workaround we wanted to provide everyone.

Resolution:  Remove spaces from the name(s) of the file(s) they reference in their app manifest.
    Thanks for the post!

- Robert

Thursday, December 5, 2013 2:06 PM

All replies

• I had this issue once, deleted the appbundle from the submission, created a new package and uploaded, this time verifying correctly.
    Sunday, November 24, 2013 3:45 PM
  • I am having the same problem too. I tried to upload the .appxupload file and it says "Validation error:    We can't read the .appxbundle"

I tried deleting the file and recreate the package.  Local validation is passed ok. But couldn't upload the package.

I repeated the several times, still couldn't upload the package.

Monday, November 25, 2013 2:11 PM
  • Still no success uploading the package.

If a package couldn't be read, shouldn't that be picked up in local validation. Local validation is passed with all the tests in the app certification kit.  What can possibly be wrong with the package?  Any help here?

I tried deleting previous submissions, still the same.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:36 PM
  • After many trial and error, I am able to upload .appxupload file after creating the package without creating appxbundle.  It doesn't work if it is created with appxbundle.

I still don't understand why a package couldn't be read while trying to upload when the package passed local validation.

Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:22 AM
  • Hey Omar and additional posters,
    I wanted to jump in and inform everyone that this has come up, and we are working on the fix for this. There is no expected resolution date at the moment, but there is a confirmed workaround we wanted to provide everyone.

Resolution:  Remove spaces from the name(s) of the file(s) they reference in their app manifest.
    Thanks for the post!

- Robert

Thursday, December 5, 2013 2:06 PM
  • This is also happening to me.  I have 3 different apps, 2 of them uploaded successfully but one will not.

What do you mean by "Remove spaces from the name(s) of the file(s) they reference in their app manifest."?

Are you talking about the Package.appmanifest? The only place I see spaces is on the Package.appmanifest "Application" page for the "Display Name."  I have spaces in my display name.  My display name also contains a "&" but that should be OK, right?

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 12:42 PM
  • Last night I had rebuilt my app package.  And tried another upload.  It also failed.  My app package is 185 megabytes in size.

This morning I tried uploading the same app package for the third time and it was successful.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 1:35 PM
  • Resolution:  Remove spaces from the name(s) of the file(s) they reference in their app manifest.
    Thanks for the post!

- Robert

Sorry - I may be being a bit thick here but where do I do this?

Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:27 PM

• Resolution:  Remove spaces from the name(s) of the file(s) they reference in their app manifest.
    Thanks for the post!

- Robert

I am sorry, what remove from what in what app's what manifest?

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 11:24 PM
  • I had the exact same problem today. I uploaded the package dozens of times got always the "We can't read the .appxbundle" error. I tried everything but nothing worked.

Just when I was about to give up I realized that the solution is quite simple:
    When the creation of the bundle is complete a window pops up an asks if the App Certification Test should run a test. If this windows is open during the upload the validation fails. If the window is closed there is no problem.

I have no idea why this error occurs but this was the solution for me. Maybe this can help someone to save several hours of trial and error :-)

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 1:08 PM
  • I encountered the 'We can't read the .appxbundle' error yesterday and what worked for me was resubmitting the file several times. Eventually it accepted the package.
    Wednesday, April 9, 2014 11:29 PM