none
What is the 'Publisher' attribute? RRS feed

• Question

• I need some help with a bug I've been dealing with in visual studio, about this: What is the publisher attribute? And what do I
    enter into it?

4 | <Identity Name="6BDFA28A-E648-455D-AEC8-E60C94380604" Version="1.0.0.0" Publisher=""/>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Warning  The 'Publisher' attribute is invalid - The value '' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2010/manifest:ST_Publisher' - The Pattern constraint failed. Miscellaneous Files C:\Users\Julian Gardisky\Desktop\timed 1.0 (windows store release)\Timed\Timed.WindowsPhone\package.appxmanifest

Thursday, September 26, 2019 6:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to the document:Identity (Windows 10), the publisher attribute represents the publisher information. If the app is not associated with the store, it will just show the name of the local account on which device that created the project. 

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 27, 2019 1:34 AM