none
Could not load file or assembly on UWP app RRS feed

• Question

• I have added the dll to the reference. but still i get the below error. 

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'streaming, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

Friday, July 19, 2019 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hi HK Kajendran,

Please describe your question in detail. Which DLL did you want to reference in your UWP project?

Best Regards,

Xavier

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 19, 2019 12:10 PM
  • Hi Xavier,

kantarmedia-streaming-xbox.dll is the dll i'm referencing in My UWP project. After building the project i could see kantarmedia-streaming-xbox.dll  copied to bin folder. I tried cleaning up project and bin folder. but still i get the same error on launch

Thanks

HK

Friday, July 19, 2019 1:28 PM
  • Hi HK Kajendran,

It looks like a third-party library. For the third-party, we do not support it. You need to confirm with the officials whether this library is supported in UWP project.

Best Regards,

Xavier

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 22, 2019 9:02 AM