none
The store shows reviews from Own country only RRS feed

• Question

• I did some tests with Microsoft Store looking at the reviews in various Third Party apps (not my own). The Store shows reviews from own country only. What you should be showing are reviews from all over the world like Amazon. This is a major issue because downloads and trials depend on the reviews and their numbers. I can understand the Language issue. But then for English language, the reviews should be from all English speaking languages where there are many such countries. Am I missing something?
    Sunday, September 15, 2019 2:37 AM

Answers

• Hi SanjaySk,

>The Store shows reviews from own country only.
    Yes, you are right, the store shows reviews from own country/region only.In my opinion, it is more appropriate to for customers to read by regions. For example, both country A and country B use English. However, according to the living habits of country A, users in country A love this App, while those in country B are just the opposite. Therefore, if reviews of country B also reflect its reviews, it may be unfavorable to the promotion of App in country A,the review of country A will also mislead country B.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 4:10 AM

All replies

• Hi SanjaySk,

>The Store shows reviews from own country only.
    Yes, you are right, the store shows reviews from own country/region only.In my opinion, it is more appropriate to for customers to read by regions. For example, both country A and country B use English. However, according to the living habits of country A, users in country A love this App, while those in country B are just the opposite. Therefore, if reviews of country B also reflect its reviews, it may be unfavorable to the promotion of App in country A,the review of country A will also mislead country B.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 4:10 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

But this is a problem both for users and developers. Consider an English software applications (most common). In this case, reviews from all English speaking countries should be shown. In fact, as an English user from India (not as a developer), I would like to see reviews of all users too. There is no easy way to do that except changing regional settings.

But look at Amazon, the oldest and best review system. They have a special link to "See All Reviews" if a user wants to see that. In fact that's how I find good books on Amazon. I always see all reviews to know total how many positive or negative reviews a book has collected. Apps are no different.

Thanks,
    Sanjay

Monday, September 16, 2019 4:53 AM
  • Hi SanjaySK,

>There is no easy way to do that except changing regional settings.

The question you raised is essentially a feature request and it is out of the scope of publishing forum, please post your request at feedback hub so that the MSFT might will add it to their to-do-list base on your suggestion.Thanks for your understanding. 

Best regards

Daisy Tian

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:17 AM