none
Why Doesn't My Game Show Up In The Microsoft Store Search? RRS feed

• Question

• My game, Yatzy Multi-Game Edition shows up in the hints as I'm typing the store search, but it doesn't show up in the search results. Not even if I click show all.

I don't understand this. There aren't a lot of Yatzy games, so it's not like mine wouldn't make the cut. Does anyone know how to correct this or who to contact?

Saturday, June 22, 2019 5:06 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Since the problem is more related to publishing apps, I'll help you to move this thread to the Publishing Windows Store App Forum. You could get more professional support about publishing apps.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 24, 2019 1:52 AM
  • Hi SiteSculptors,

>My game, Yatzy Multi-Game Edition shows up in the hints as I'm typing the store search, but it doesn't show up in the search results. Not even if I click show all.

I search your game with the words "Yatzy Multi-Game Edition", I get the result as following picture shown, is this your app? If it is, could you try to search again in the Store? Sometimes it takes a little time for the search results to take effect.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 24, 2019 2:26 AM
  • Thanks, Daisy, but that's exactly the problem. No one is going to type all of that in. They will search for Yatzy.

Since my title and keywords contain Yatzy, why isn't it showing up?

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 12:58 PM
  • Hi SiteScupltors,

Did you set the word 'Yatzy' as the keyword in the search terms on the Store listing Page ? Search terms (formerly called keywords) are single words or short phrases that are not displayed to customers, but can help your make your app discoverable in the Store when customers search using those terms. For more details, please refer to Search terms.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 2:16 AM
  • Sure did, Daisy.

Yatzy, Yatzy App, Yatzy Game, Best Yatzy, Top Yatzy, Dice Game, Best Dice Game

I really don't understand it. Not at all.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 8:26 AM
  • Hi SiteScupltors,

I searched in the Store with all the keywords and can find your app successfully. As the picture show:

Sometimes it takes a little time for the search results to take effect,could you try to search again?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, June 27, 2019 2:25 AM
  • Very strange. I get 34 games, but I don't get ours when I search. Are you perhaps searching from a country other than the USA? Is there somewhere I can send a screenshot. This forum won't allow images from me yet because I haven't been verified.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 4:09 PM
  • Hi SiteSculptors,

Sorry for the delay reply.

>Are you perhaps searching from a country other than the USA?

Yes,I am not in USA. What did you choose for the markets selection on Pricing and availability page? 

>This forum won't allow images from me yet because I haven't been verified.

You could reply in this thread: Please verify my account.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 2:12 AM