none
[UWP][Desktop Bridge] Guidelines for submission to the Windows Store RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday, I have submitted two converted apps through the form at

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/projects/campaigns/desktop-bridge#Publish

I found myself at a loss of details about what is necessary, what is acceptable or not, all sorts of questions I did not see any details about anywhere.

For instance, I submitted two apps at the same time. Is is bad ?

After conversion, I verified they worked by self-signing them and launching. What is the desirable signing status ? For regular UWP apps created with VS, I do not recall having to sign before.

I zipped them both, placed them on OneDrive and submitted the share URL. Is it OK ?

What will happen when (hopefully) the apps are accepted ? Will I find them in my dashboard, so I can proceed with adding pictures, description and assets ? Or is it a different process ?

All these questions seem natural, yet the entire process is still very opaque. I am sure with time, it will become as simple as what it is for regular UWP apps, but for the moment, it would be nice not to leave people in the cold like that, after they have submitted. Heck, I don't even know if, and when I will get any email ...

It would be nice to have some process of inquiry, after an app has been submitted, to see if everything is alright. At present, it feels very much like "don't call us, we'll call you".

It seems there are not many people around willing to share about their experience, but yet, it would be nice if somebody who has been through it and currently has a converted app listed would be kind enough to chime in.

Likewise, having some kind of contact with the team in charge of putting converted win32 apps in the Windows Store would probably smooth things out, let alone to avoid developers to do mistakes upon submission.

• Edited by Mitchb00 Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:37 AM spelling
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:36 AM

All replies

• Mitchb00,

I am an AppConsult Engineer with Microsoft who has been trying to reach you. Please send am e-mail or phone number I can reach you at concerning your Application Bridge project.

My e-mail is: First Name Last Initial@microsoft.com

Thanks!

Raiford

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 3:40 PM
  • Hi Raiford,

Just sent you an email. Thanks.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 8:33 PM