none
No "Store" menu on Visual Studio Community 2015 on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I upgraded to Windows 10 and installed Visual Studio Community 2015 to start building apps for Windows 10. On custom install options I select to install the components for Universal Apps and Windows 10 SDK.

The problem is that there is no "Store" menu option under "Project" as previously when using Windows 8.1/Visual Studio 2013. I can't create my app packages and work normally as previous to the upgrade.

I would not like to install all the set of components for Windows 8.1/SDK because I am not interested any more on that version, why I do not get this "Store" menu option enabled?. Maybe a bug in new Visual Studio 2015?

Regards,

Monday, August 3, 2015 7:30 AM

Answers

• Hi enarmedia,

Thanks for your reply.

Since I and pvdg42 can see the store option in the Project menu in VS2015 Community on Windows 10 OS, and you have download and install the VS2015 from this official website.

Therefore I assume that the issue is more related to your Windows 10 OS, so if possible, I suggest you can try to re-install your windows 10 os environment and then check this issue.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 2:56 AM

All replies

• Hi enarmedia,

I tried to create a blank Universal Apps in the VS2015 Community and then click the Project menu, I found that it is default that the  "Store" menu option is exist under "Project" menu in VS2015 Community.

In addition, I tried to right-click the universal project, I found that I am also see the  "Store" menu option.

So if you still could not see the store menu option in VS2015 Community, I suggest you could try to reset the VS setting by going to Tools->Import and Export Settings... check this issue.

If it does not work, please try to repair your VS2015 Community check this issue.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 9:40 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, are you using Windows 10?. I reset settings using your suggested option, also repaired Visual Studio making sure that options for Universal App development and Windows 10 SDK are marked but still no luck. I attach some screenshots showing my problems:

No Store menu option for my just created universal app project

No option also on right click over project item

I use default Visual Studio template when creating new project

Package.appxmanifest never available on design view

XAML files never available on design view

At this stage don't know if problem is originated from Windows 10 or Visual Studio. Both are the official releases (no betas, RC versions or insider program). I really think that this can be a potential severe bug because developers cannot upgrade or build their apps.

Please send me some solution for this, thanks.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 9:16 PM
  • Hello, enarmedia.

I am using VS 2015 CE on Windows 10 RTM, and I can confirm the menu choices Tina-Shi showed you.

If you do not see the same choices after creating a Universal App, it would appear that something has gone awry with your VS 2015 installation.

Did you install from a verified ISO, or use the web installer? Have you tried to repair your installation?

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 10:43 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I installed Visual Studio from the official website, everything seemed to go fine on installation and program launches normally. I have tried to repair the installation, even complete uninstall and reinstall but no luck. Definitely something is wrong with this Visual Studio release.

Could you please prepare a hotfix to resolve this?, I am sure this severe bug may affect many users and obviously providing these weak buggy tools is not the way to attract iOS, Android developers to Windows

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 6:54 AM
  • If you wish to escalate your issue, please post a bug report here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 3:32 PM
  • Hi enarmedia,

Thanks for your reply.

Since I and pvdg42 can see the store option in the Project menu in VS2015 Community on Windows 10 OS, and you have download and install the VS2015 from this official website.

Therefore I assume that the issue is more related to your Windows 10 OS, so if possible, I suggest you can try to re-install your windows 10 os environment and then check this issue.

Best Regards,

Thursday, August 6, 2015 2:56 AM
  • Hello,

The issue was finally solved reinstalling completely the entire OS and Visual Studio. I would like to alert all developers about Windows 10 upgrade and recommend to install from scratch deleting all apps and settings.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 2:39 PM
  • I too am having this issue.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled visual studio, community and enterprise editions. Repaired it as well. Nothing works so I guess I'm stuck with doing a Windows refresh.

I will do a repair operating system and see if that fixes the issue and if not a full clean repair (where it removes all of my files). I really did not want to do this, just for the sake of a Store menu in Visual Studio.

Friday, August 21, 2015 1:20 PM
  • Hi enarmedia,

Thank you sharing this latest message about your issue now.

@Stephen,

If possible, I suggest you could refer the enarmedia's solution to check this issue would be better.

Best Regards,

Monday, August 24, 2015 1:43 AM
  • I am running Windows 10 Pro- upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro.

Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise MSDN version.

Same issue as above, no Store option in the Project menu or the Right click project menu on a fresh Blank Universal Application.

The suggestion of reinstalling the entire OS is not a valid answer. For example- My toaster is not working- you need build a new house, remodel your kitchen, then maybe your toaster will start working... is not a valid response.

Please research the issue and respond with a less impactful work around that will not take away days of productivity.

Thank you!

Thursday, September 17, 2015 5:40 AM
  • Installing the latest version of the UWP Tools from 1.1 to version 1.1.1 resolved the issue for me.

I now have the Store menu in my Universal Windows App

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/73f2d56d-9e8e-4b57-bcfa-0a972dfd75d7/update-11-generating-store-associated-package-fails-for-a-uwp-application-with-a-winrt-component?forum=Win10SDKToolsIssues

Thank you!

Monday, October 12, 2015 2:01 AM