none
Login from Credential Provider without Submit button Windows 7 x64 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am building a Credential Provider for Windows 7 X64.
    I have managed to get the sample working, and have stripped it down so it only displays the tileimage and the large text, which I use as a status indicator.

My aim is to make a provider that will automatically log me in based on information it finds on a USB stick. Without the USB stick plugged in, it won't log in.

I want to know what function the submit button calls, or how I can simulate a submit button press.
    Note that I removed all references to it in the sample and the only things actually showing up is the tileimage and large text.

How to simulate such button press? Is it still possible to post a message with the button being removed?

Greetings Ultimate-Tester

Monday, June 11, 2012 10:37 AM

All replies

• Call the ICredentialProviderEvents :: CredentialsChanged (You have an ICredentialProviderEvents* from your Advise member in ICredentialProvider - don't forget to AddRef it!).

This will tell the LogonUI to reload your provider and you can now set the "autologon" flag. This way your GetSerialization() will be called automatically.

Michael

• Proposed as answer by WindowsNT Sunday, July 29, 2012 9:20 AM
    Saturday, July 14, 2012 11:58 AM
  • It works. Thanks, @WindowsNT
    • Edited by TeddyJJ Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:25 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:25 AM