none
Desktop Bridge app that selling digital items and Store Policy 10.8.1 - and iTunes

General discussion

• Hi,

I have a question about selling the digital items in Desktop Bridge Apps.

At Build2017, MS have announced that iTunes will coming to the Windows Store. Wao!

But.. as you know, the current Windows Store policy ver7.3 have a section 10.8.1 - To sell the digital item, the app must use the Windows in-App Purchase API. And, I can't imagine that Apple will support the Windows in-App Purchase API within their iTunes app and pay the 30% MS Tax for selling each songs. 

Windows Store Policies

How they - Apple and MS will overcome this situation? or Desktop Bridge Apps will be applied a different policy than UWP Apps?  I believe this is important for other desktop bridge apps or uwp apps that want to sell the digital items within their apps.

best regards,

Monday, May 15, 2017 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The Store Policy might will be changed in the future as you can check the Change history .

>Desktop Bridge Apps indeed will be applied a different policy than UWP Apps.

Currently, for desktop bridge apps we can use IAP to implement digital item selling.

For more details, you might refer to How to add an in-app purchase flow to your desktop. Or you can also submit your feedback at uservoice site if you have additional suggestion.

Regarding the plan you mentioned, let's look forward to the official news or documentation.

Thanks for your concern.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:48 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for replying. I hope that the policy will be changed to approve the selling of digital item will be opened for not only a large company like apple, but also the independent developers.

best regards,

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:26 AM