none
[UWP] Windows 10 Apps - CustomSerialDeviceAccess LoadAsync(1) not working with inbox "Prolific USB-to-Serial" driver RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Using a TrendNet TU-S9, and Windows 10 inbox driver "Prolific USB-to-Serial" / ser2pl64.sys (3.6.81.357).  I'm seeing LoadAsync(1) block indefinitely even though data is present in the hardware.

Reading the ReadTimeout value prior to setting it, it returns as a garbage value and doesn't look anything like the WriteTimeout value.

If I leave the ReadTimeout garbage value, and call LoadAsync(1), I can read the single byte.

Where is the proper place to escalate bugs as a third party developer, and how do I get follow-up?

Thanks

Monday, March 21, 2016 5:45 PM

Answers

• Hi lil'sprout,

>>"Where is the proper place to escalate bugs as a third party developer, and how do I get follow-up?  "

Please use the following steps to open a “technical” case with Developer support:

1.) Go to http://aka.ms/storesupport (sign in using your MSDN Subscription if applicable)

2.) Under "App development" click the “Windows 10 Universal app development” OR "Windows 8.x app development” link based on where they are experiencing the problem.

3.) On the next page, choose Problem type = Support for Writing apps, Category = <<appropriate category>>

4.) Then choose the "Start request" link to start a support request.

Best Regards,

Guang9Bear

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hi lil'sprout,

What is  the target device's Core OS?

Please check if the Serial Device capability has been added to the application manifest file in your project.

Here's the code to put into the .appx manifest file inside the "<Capabilities></Capabilities>":

<DeviceCapability Name="serialcommunication">

<Device Id="any">

<Function Type="name:serialPort" />

</Device>

</DeviceCapability>

Additionally, there is a page about “[UWP] Windows 10 Apps Windows.Devices.SerialCommunication.SerialDevice Class Not working” . The link is https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/0c638b8e-482d-462a-97e6-4d8bc86d8767/uwp-windows-10-apps-windowsdevicesserialcommunicationserialdevice-class-not-working?forum=wpdevelop

Hope it can help you.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 8:27 AM
  • Hi guang9Bear,

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586] / Desktop

This is running the sample CustomSerialDeviceAccess, so the .appx manifest is setup correctly.  The sample does not call LoadAsync(1), rather a much larger number, and does not set the timeout unless you chooses too.

This particular behavior is isolated to the inbox driver.

Where is the proper place to escalate bugs as a third party developer, and how do I get follow-up?  I'm used to having direct MSFT contacts with my prior company - Qualcomm.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 6:01 PM
  • Hi lil'sprout,

>>"Where is the proper place to escalate bugs as a third party developer, and how do I get follow-up?  "

Please use the following steps to open a “technical” case with Developer support:

1.) Go to http://aka.ms/storesupport (sign in using your MSDN Subscription if applicable)

2.) Under "App development" click the “Windows 10 Universal app development” OR "Windows 8.x app development” link based on where they are experiencing the problem.

3.) On the next page, choose Problem type = Support for Writing apps, Category = <<appropriate category>>

4.) Then choose the "Start request" link to start a support request.

Best Regards,

Guang9Bear

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 9:52 AM