[UWP]PermissionRequested Event not being raised in UWP RRS feed

• Question

• I have a UWP app that has a WebView defined inside the MainPage.xaml file.

<WebView Name="webView" 
                     Style="{Binding Source={StaticResource WebViewStyle}}"
                     Visibility="{Binding WebAppLoading, Converter={StaticResource FalseToVisibleConverter}}"
                     local:WebViewExtensions.StartServiceRequest="{Binding Source={StaticResource Locator}, Path=MainPage.StartServiceRequest}"
                     local:WebViewExtensions.CommandExecutedByScript="{Binding Source={StaticResource Locator}, Path=MainPage.CommandExecutedByScript}" 
                     local:WebViewExtensions.NavigateBack="{Binding Source={StaticResource Locator}, Path=MainPage.NavigateBack}"
                     local:WebViewExtensions.InputPaneHeight="{Binding Source={StaticResource Locator}, Path=MainPage.InputPaneHeight}"
                     Loaded="OnWebViewLoaded"
                     ScriptNotify="OnScriptNotify" 
                     AllowFocusOnInteraction="False"
                     NavigationCompleted="OnNavigationCompleted"
                     NavigationStarting="OnNavigationStarting"
                     NewWindowRequested="OnNewWindowRequested"
                     PermissionRequested="OnPermissionRequested">

I have enabled Microphone capability in the UWP Manifest file. I see the Windows Pop up requesting consent to use Microphone. However, the OnPermissionRequested function is not being invoked when i trigger the Microphone functionality. I have a breakpoint that is not kicking in. Although I say yes to the Microphone consent, I don't see the functionality working.

Is there any way to troubleshoot this further? Determine if the WebViewControl.PermissionRequested Event is triggered in the first place?

Friday, August 30, 2019 7:06 PM

All replies

• Hi   rajdhandus,

Form your description, your issue is more related to the Developing Universal Windows apps. I will move it tothe Developing Universal Windows apps forum for getting suitable help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Yong Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 2, 2019 2:37 AM
  • Hi rajdhandus,

I have already replied to you in SO, you can go to see my SO reply.

Best Regards,

Fay

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 2, 2019 7:26 AM