none
Bunch of errors from WACK that don't make sense, submission error 1300 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I have a Xamarin.Forms app published in the App Store and Play Store that work just fine. Recently we added UWP support for the app and now want to add it to the Microsoft Store. This is the first time using the Microsoft Store so it's new to me.

The app works in Debug and Release on multiple PCs. The problem is when I submit it in Partner Center I get error 1300, and the direction to rebuild it doesn't make sense or change anything. When I run WACK locally, I get a bunch of errors that don't make sense, such as JavaScript errors when I don't have any HTML, CSS or JS in the app. It also says the app crashes but it works perfectly when I run it.

My best guess is one thing isn't working right and ruining the other tests. And my best guess of that is that WACK can't find/run the app given how many errors say: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\windowsapps\xxxxfoodsafetytechnolog.kleanzmobile_1.56.0.0_x64__3463d6ps1jhj8'

I don't understand why it says xxxxfoodsafetytechnolog when that's not the right name. When I checked the windowsapps folder when WACK starts to run I can see a few folders there for my app but none that start with xxxx.

I've tried different versions of Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform: 6.2.2 is not there anymore today, also tried 6.1.9 and 6.1.7. I developed it in VS 2017 Enterprise, fully up to date. I tried building it in VS 2019 Preview 2 and no change in WACK but I do get 1201 errors when submitting. I uninstalled the SDKs and installed the most recent 10.017763.132.

I'm at a loss to what to do to try to get this working and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I don't see a way to add an attachment so I copied the WACK report below.

Deployment and launch tests

FAILED
    Bytecode generation
        • Error Found: The bytecode generation test detected the following errors:
          • System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.Utility.IsPackageWWA(AppXPackage package) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.BytecodeGenerationCheck.BytecodeGenerationCheck.ExecuteSharedValidation(String manifestFilePath, String packageFullName) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.TestBase.TestBase.ExecuteTest()
        • Impact if not fixed: As a performance optimization to accelerate JavaScript execution time, JavaScript files ending in the ".js" extension generate bytecode when the app is deployed. This optimization significantly improves start-up and ongoing execution times for JavaScript.
        • How to fix: You may need consider one or more of these steps to fix the issue:
          - Avoid deploying the app by pressing F5 in Visual Studio, create an app package instead
          - Ensure that event logging is enabled
          - All JavaScript files are syntactically valid; otherwise exclude the respective files from the package
          - Please note that you should uninstall all previous versions of the app before deploying
          Otherwise exclude the respective files from the package.
    FAILED
    Background tasks cancelation handler
    • Error Found: The background tasks cancelation handler validation detected the following errors:
      • System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.CancelationHandlerValidation.CancelationHandlerValidation.ExecuteSharedValidation(String manifestFilePath, String packageFullName) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.TestBase.TestBase.ExecuteTest()
    • Impact if not fixed: An app that fails to handle cancelation request to background tasks, which will result in being force terminated.
    • How to fix: Background tasks need to implement cancelation event handler.
    FAILED
    Platform version launch
    • Error Found: The high OS version validation detected the following errors:
      • System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.Utility.LaunchAppTest(String packageFullName, String manifestFilePath, String testName) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.HighOSVersionLaunchCheck.HighOSVersionLaunchCheck.Test(UapApp uapApp) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.TestBase.TestBase.ExecuteTest()
    • Impact if not fixed: The app should not use version information to provide functionality that is specific to the OS.
    • How to fix: Please use recommended methods to check for available functionality in the OS. See the link below for more information.
    FAILED
    App launch
    • Error Found: The app launch test detected the following errors:
      • System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.Utility.LaunchAppTest(String packageFullName, String manifestFilePath, String testName) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.LaunchAppCheck.LaunchAppCheck.Test(UapApp uapApp) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.TestBase.TestBase.ExecuteTest()
    • Impact if not fixed: An app that fails to launch presents a poor user experience, and will not be accepted by the Microsoft Store.
    • How to fix: Investigate and debug the app to identify and fix the problem.
    FAILED
    Crashes and hangs
    • Error Found: The crashes and hangs test detected the following errors:
      • System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.WindowsErrorReporting.WindowsErrorReporting.ExecutePostTest(TaskData taskData) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.WindowsErrorReporting.WindowsErrorReporting.ExecuteTest()
    • Impact if not fixed: An app that stops responding or crashes can cause data loss and is a poor user experience.
    • How to fix: Investigate and debug the app to identify and fix the problem.
    Package compliance test
    FAILED
    Application count
    • Error Found: The app count test detected the following errors:
      • System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.ApplicationCount.ApplicationCount.ExecuteSharedTests(EnumApplicationType appType, String manifestFilePath) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.TestBase.TestBase.ExecuteTest()
    • Impact if not fixed: The Microsoft Store does not allow a package containing more than one app defined in the manifest.
    • How to fix: The App Manifest must define only one app per package. See link below for more information:
    FAILED
    App manifest
    • Error Found: The app manifest test detected the following errors:
      • Package NexcorFoodSafetyTechnolog.KLEANZMobile_1.56.0.0_x64__3463d6ps1jhj8 could not be found
    • Impact if not fixed: Apps that violate the Microsoft Store certification requirements can’t be submitted to the Microsoft Store.
    • How to fix: App manifest must include valid entries for all required fields, please modify the manifest entries listed above. See link below for more information:
    PASSED
    Package size
    PASSED
    Resource Packages
    FAILED
    Restricted namespace
    • Error Found: The restricted namespace test detected the following errors:
    • Impact if not fixed: The Microsoft Store does not allow an app manifest to reference restricted namespaces.
    • How to fix: Remove the restricted namespaces from your app manifest.
    Windows security features test
    FAILED
    Binary analyzer
    • Error Found: The binary analyzer test detected the following errors:
    • Impact if not fixed: If the app doesn’t use the available Windows protections, it can increase the vulnerability of the customer's computer to malware.
    • How to fix: Apply the required linker options - SAFESEH, DYNAMICBASE, NXCOMPAT, and APPCONTAINER - when you link the app. See links below for more information:
    PASSED
    Banned file analyzer
    PASSED
    Private code signing
    Supported API test
    FAILED
    Supported APIs
    • Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:
      • The version specified by OSMinVersion attribute is not valid.
      • An error occurred in the SupportedApis test.
    • Impact if not fixed: Using an API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Microsoft Store apps violates the Microsoft Store certification requirements.
    • How to fix: Review the error messages to identify the API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Microsoft Store apps. Please note, apps that are built in a debug configuration or without .NET Native enabled (where applicable) can fail this test as these environments may pull in unsupported APIs. Retest your app in a release configuration, and with .NET Native enabled if applicable. See the link below for more information:
    App manifest resources tests
    FAILED
    App resources
    • Error Found: The app resources validation test detected the following errors:
      • The "C:\Program Files\windowsapps\xxxxfoodsafetytechnolog.kleanzmobile_1.56.0.0_x64__3463d6ps1jhj8\AppXManifest.xml" file is missing or invalid.
    • Manifest Resource Validation Test encountered error: hr = 0x80070003.
  • Impact if not fixed: The app might not install if the strings or images declared in your app’s manifest are incorrect. If the app does install with these errors, your app’s logo or other images used by your app might not display correctly.
  • How to fix: Fix the problem indicated by the error message. See the link below for more information:
  • FAILED
    Branding
    • Error Found: The branding validation test encountered the following errors:
      • System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\windowsapps\xxxxfoodsafetytechnolog.kleanzmobile_1.56.0.0_x64__3463d6ps1jhj8\AppXManifest.xml'. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize) at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy) at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.FinishInitUriString() at System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.CreateReader(String inputUri, XmlParserContext inputContext) at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Shared.AppxProgramInventoryHelper.GetAllImagesFromManifestFile(String appxManifestFile, String packageFullName) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.BrandingValidation.BrandingValidation.ExecuteSharedTests(String packageFullName, String manifestFilePath) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.TestBase.TestBase.ExecuteTest()
    • Impact if not fixed: Microsoft Store apps are expected to be complete and fully functional. Apps using the default images e.g. from templates or SDK samples present a poor user experience and cannot be easily identified in the store catalog.
    • How to fix: Replace default images with something more distinct and representative of your app.
    Debug configuration test
    PASSED
    Debug configuration
    File encoding test
    FAILED
    UTF-8 file encoding
    • Error Found: The UTF-8 file encoding test detected the following errors:
      • System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.Utility.IsPackageWWA(AppXPackage package) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.FileEncodingCheck.FileEncodingCheck.ExecuteSharedTests(String packageFullName, String manifestFilePath) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.TestBase.TestBase.ExecuteTest()
    • Impact if not fixed: HTML, CSS, and JavaScript files must be encoded in UTF-8 form with a corresponding byte-order mark (BOM) in order to benefit from bytecode caching and to avoid other runtime error conditions.
    • How to fix: Open the affected file, and select "Save As..." option from the File menu in Visual Studio. Select the drop-down control next to the Save button and select "Save with Encoding..." option. From the Advanced save options dialog, choose the "Unicode (UTF-8 with signature)" option and click the OK button.
    App Capabilities test
    PASSED
    Special use capabilities
    Windows Runtime metadata validation
    FAILED
    ExclusiveTo attribute
    • Error Found: The ExclusiveTo attribute test detected the following errors:
    • Impact if not fixed: Microsoft store doesn't allow apps that don't pass Windows Runtime Metadata Validation.
    • How to fix: Please ensure that Windows Runtime classes don't implement interfaces that are marked as ExclusiveTo another class.
    FAILED
    Type location
    • Error Found: The type location test detected the following errors:
    • Impact if not fixed: Microsoft store doesn't allow apps that don't pass Windows Runtime Metadata Validation.
    • How to fix: Please ensure that the metadata for all Windows Runtime types is located in the winmd file that has the longest namespace-matching name in the app package.
    FAILED
    Type name case-sensitivity
    • Error Found: The type name case-sensitivity test detected the following errors:
    • How to fix: Please ensure that all Windows Runtime types have unique, case-insensitive names within your app package.
      Please ensure that no Windows Runtime type name is also used as a namespace name within your app package.
    FAILED
    Type name correctness
    • Error Found: The type name correctness test detected the following errors:
    • How to fix: Please ensure there are no Windows Runtime types in the global namespace or in the Windows top-level namespace.
    FAILED
    General metadata correctness
    • Error Found: The general metadata correctness test detected the following errors:
    • How to fix: Please ensure that the compiler you are using to generate your Windows Runtime types is up to date with with the Windows Runtime specifications.
    FAILED
    Properties
    • Error Found: The property test detected the following errors:
    • How to fix: Please ensure that all properties on a Windows Runtime class have a get method (set methods are optional).
      Please ensure that the type of the get method return value matches the type of the set method input parameter, for all properties on Windows Runtime types.
    Package sanity test
    FAILED
    Platform appropriate files
    • Error Found: The platform appropriate files test detected the following errors:
      • System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\windowsapps\xxxxfoodsafetytechnolog.kleanzmobile_1.56.0.0_x64__3463d6ps1jhj8\AppXManifest.xml'. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize) at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy) at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.FinishInitUriString() at System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.CreateReader(String inputUri, XmlParserContext inputContext) at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.PlatformAppropriateFiles.PlatformAppropriateFiles.ExecuteSharedTests(String manifestFilePath) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.TestBase.TestBase.ExecuteTest()
    • Impact if not fixed: Including files in the app package that are incompatible with the target processor architecture may cause your app to fail at runtime.
    • How to fix: Ensure that binary file architecture is compatible with the ProcessorArchitecture attribute specified within the app package manifest.
    FAILED
    Supported directory structure check
    • Error Found: The supported directory structure test encountered the following errors:
      • System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\windowsapps\xxxxfoodsafetytechnolog.kleanzmobile_1.56.0.0_x64__3463d6ps1jhj8'. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit() at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.SupportedDirectoryStructure.SupportedDirectoryStructure.AnalyzeAllFiles(String filePath) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.SupportedDirectoryStructure.SupportedDirectoryStructure.ExecuteSharedTests(String manifestFilePath) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.TestBase.TestBase.ExecuteTest()
    • Impact if not fixed: Exceeding the supported MAX_PATH will cause the app to fail at runtime.
    • How to fix: Use a shorter directory structure or a shorter file name.
    Resource Usage Test
    FAILED
    WinJS background task
    • Error Found: The WinJS background tasks test encountered the following errors:
      • System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.Utility.IsPackageWWA(AppXPackage package) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.CloseBackgroundTasksCheck.CloseBackgroundTasksCheck.ExecuteSharedTests(String packageFullName, String manifestFilePath) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.TestBase.TestBase.ExecuteTest()
    • Impact if not fixed: Apps with background tasks that do not call close() can result in draining the battery.
    • How to fix: Update the background task to call close().

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 7:19 PM

Answers

• it turns out I was redirected to support that needed to be paid for. Instead of paying $500 to be told why I was getting 1201 and 1300 errors I went through an incremental process of trying to find out what was causing the problem. I submitted a plain Xamarin.Forms app and it went though pre-processing just fine. I then added some of my code and resubmitted until it failed again. I removed bits of the last code I added and resubmitted until it passed pre-processing again. It turns out the problems was in one of my classes that performs encryption and decryption. I didn't really need it so I removed it and now my app is in the store.

I was using the Rijndael classes in System.Security.Cryptography. If anyone is getting 1201 and 1300 errors and using any cryptography, it might be a good idea to try to remove it and resubmit to see if it gets passed pre-processing.

I don't know why this was the problem with submitting the app. I noticed that my app was getting flagged by Windows Defender along with signtool.exe so I added exceptions for these. My guess was that it was tripping up the antivirus on Microsoft's end and messing with the processing after submitting.

Friday, February 1, 2019 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Could you tell me which platform did you choose for your Xamarin.Forms project? Did you use the right size picture as the store logo?The images should be the same size and name as the images in the original Asset folder.

>The problem is when I submit it in Partner Center I get error 1300

Could you make a support ticket to ask the team which could track the process of submission for help directly? (Click 'contact us'/ 'Dashboard issue' as support topic and proper issue type/submit an incident).

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 9:43 AM
  • I'm using the UWP platform. I used Visual Studio 2017's Asset Generator to create the icons and splash screen. I have StoreLogo.scale-***.png in my app, with *** being 100, 125, 150, 200 and 400. I'm about to send an incident email.

In the mean time, I was able to change the package name which let WACK run locally and it passed all the tests, but then it's not accepted on submission.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:32 PM
  • Hi Steve,

>which let WACK run locally and it passed all the tests, but then it's not accepted on submission.

Glad to know you had pass the local WACK test. Could you tell me which step did you failed when you submitted the app? Is there any error message shown for the error?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 31, 2019 1:58 AM
  • It failed (I guess) on validation, saying the package name wasn't correct., which was expected. After letting Visual Studio correct the manifest with the correct info from the store and resubmitting, I got a 1201 error this time.

I got an email reply from the incident email I sent saying to contact Developer Support via your Partner Dashboard at http://aka.ms/storesupport, so I'm going to create an incident there.

Thursday, January 31, 2019 1:38 PM
  • Hi Steve,

If your ticket didn't assisted better after a few days, you could provide the ticket number here. We could you help you to contact the team for help.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Friday, February 1, 2019 6:37 AM
  • it turns out I was redirected to support that needed to be paid for. Instead of paying $500 to be told why I was getting 1201 and 1300 errors I went through an incremental process of trying to find out what was causing the problem. I submitted a plain Xamarin.Forms app and it went though pre-processing just fine. I then added some of my code and resubmitted until it failed again. I removed bits of the last code I added and resubmitted until it passed pre-processing again. It turns out the problems was in one of my classes that performs encryption and decryption. I didn't really need it so I removed it and now my app is in the store.

I was using the Rijndael classes in System.Security.Cryptography. If anyone is getting 1201 and 1300 errors and using any cryptography, it might be a good idea to try to remove it and resubmit to see if it gets passed pre-processing.

I don't know why this was the problem with submitting the app. I noticed that my app was getting flagged by Windows Defender along with signtool.exe so I added exceptions for these. My guess was that it was tripping up the antivirus on Microsoft's end and messing with the processing after submitting.

Friday, February 1, 2019 1:43 PM
  • Ohhhh myy thank you !!!!

Yes i had a beta version of Teams API that had a System.Security.Crytography dependency.  And the store would not pass my app. I removed it because we ended up not using Teams integration this cycle, and it pass the app.  Thank you very much for this post, i would have lost a great deal of time trying to find out why.

Streaky

Sunday, June 16, 2019 3:13 AM