none
Cannot deploy more than 1 app to Windows 10 Mobile RRS feed

• Question

• I have two Universal apps running the same SDK version (min. 10240, max 10586), with different package names, that cannot be deployed on the same device simultaneously. One app is signed with my store certificate and the other one is signed an on-premise certificate.

Example:

1. I clear all my deployed apps on the device (Windows 10 Mobile build 10586)

2. I build and deploy app A from Visual Studio 2015 Update 1: The app is successfully deployed.

3. I build and deploy app B from Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 and receive this exception : "DEP0001 : Unexpected Error: Install failed. Please contact your software vendor. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CF9)"

4. I uninstall app A and deploy app B : App B is deployed.

This happens if regardless if I start with app A or B, also if I deploy directly through the device Diagnostics Portal.

Saturday, January 30, 2016 11:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As I know, we can deploy more than one UWP application to device. Please try to deploy a simple uwp application to your device to exclude your UWP application issue. If this is your application issue, please double check your application. If this is not your application issue, please try to do the same thing in another environment to exclude environment issue.

Best Regards,

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 1, 2016 9:29 AM

All replies

• Do you have a dev center account that you can submit apps to?   If I remember right with the wp8.1 sdk you only deploy one app to a phone at a time for testing with out a dev account with an account you could have 5
    Saturday, January 30, 2016 1:49 PM
  • Yes I have a Dev Center account but it does'nt seem to have anything to do with it since you no longer need to register the device as a development device.
    Sunday, January 31, 2016 5:00 PM
  • Hi,

As I know, we can deploy more than one UWP application to device. Please try to deploy a simple uwp application to your device to exclude your UWP application issue. If this is your application issue, please double check your application. If this is not your application issue, please try to do the same thing in another environment to exclude environment issue.

Best Regards,

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 1, 2016 9:29 AM