C # on game programming RRS feed

• Question

• I am a University student, need all of the expert in C# help, Can Any one tell me how to do a basic game interface using C# language?

Because the next coming semester, i am going to do a game..THx

Sunday, April 10, 2011 12:01 PM

Answers

• XNA does not include any framework for doing a UI.  There are several frameworks avaiable for free that let you define basic UI elements like panels and buttons and things, but generally speaking, you need to do it yourself.  Most game developers either have UI programmers on staff or they buy a commercial kit that usually isn't cheap.

Evan

Sunday, April 10, 2011 7:08 PM

All replies

• I am a University student, need all of the expert in C# help, Can Any one tell me how to do a basic game interface using C# language?

Because the next coming semester, i am going to do a game..THx

To make games using C# download XNA and one of books about it : Oreilly.Learning.XNA.4.0.
    Sunday, April 10, 2011 12:21 PM
  • thx, but if i wanna to do the simulation, and draw the interface also usnig Xna??
    Sunday, April 10, 2011 4:48 PM
  • XNA does not include any framework for doing a UI.  There are several frameworks avaiable for free that let you define basic UI elements like panels and buttons and things, but generally speaking, you need to do it yourself.  Most game developers either have UI programmers on staff or they buy a commercial kit that usually isn't cheap.

Evan

Sunday, April 10, 2011 7:08 PM
  • thanks^^
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 5:58 PM
  • XNA is the most up to date way of doing games.

Directx is old hat now.

Downlaod the xna sdk and you will find in Visual C# express or Visual studio a project for xna appears.

n.Wright

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:25 PM
  • try this http://unity3d.com/ ... u can draw all of the landscape and characters very easily and then code in c# in visual studio for the programming part. Its fun and really easy to use. Check out for tutorials in youtube, and there are lots of books available too. 

newtonsheikh

• Proposed as answer by newtonsheikh Wednesday, May 9, 2012 4:54 AM
    • Edited by newtonsheikh Wednesday, May 9, 2012 4:55 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by newtonsheikh Wednesday, May 9, 2012 4:56 AM
    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 4:54 AM