none
UWP Apps: WACK test fails for integration of Windows Advertising SDK for XAML RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

ENV:

Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 (14.0.25431.01)

I have been working on porting our apps for UWP recently. Most of the things are fixed but one. Compiling, linking and packaging of app working fine for me, but have an issue with the WACK test. Please find below the details related to the certification failures:

General metadata correctness
    Error Found: The general metadata correctness test detected the following errors:
    The type Microsoft.Advertising.WinRT.UI.AdErrorEventArgs referenced by type GsWinRTComponent.__IPubCenterAdControlPublicNonVirtuals in file c:\program files\windowsapps\mycompany.myapp_2.0.0.0_x86__a5gmjfe9918zc\GsWinRTComponent.winmd was not found. All types referenced in metadata files must be discoverable.
    The type Microsoft.Advertising.WinRT.UI.AdErrorEventArgs referenced by type GsWinRTComponent.__IXamlAdControlsPublicNonVirtuals in file c:\program files\windowsapps\mycompany.myapp_2.0.0.0_x86__a5gmjfe9918zc\GsWinRTComponent.winmd was not found. All types referenced in metadata files must be discoverable.
    The type Microsoft.Advertising.WinRT.UI.AdErrorEventArgs referenced by type GsWinRTComponent.PubCenterAdControl in file c:\program files\windowsapps\mycomany.myapp_2.0.0.0_x86__a5gmjfe9918zc\GsWinRTComponent.winmd was not found. All types referenced in metadata files must be discoverable.
    The type Microsoft.Advertising.WinRT.UI.AdErrorEventArgs referenced by type GsWinRTComponent.XamlAdControls in file c:\program files\windowsapps\mycompany.myapp_2.0.0.0_x86__a5gmjfe9918zc\GsWinRTComponent.winmd was not found. All types referenced in metadata files must be discoverable.
    Impact if not fixed: Windows store doesn't allow apps that don't pass Windows Runtime Metadata Validation.
    How to fix: Please ensure that the compiler you are using to generate your Windows Runtime types is up to date with with the Windows Runtime specifications.

As per my knowledge, "Microsoft Ads SDK for XAML" is properly referenced. SDK details:

Name: Microsoft Advertising SDK for XAML, Version: 10.0, Targets: UWP 10.0.1.240.0

Tried to find on web but nothing relevant found. May you please shed some light on it. Please let me now if you need more details. Thank you.

Regards,

MJ

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 10:20 AM

All replies

• Hi MJ,

Are you using the latest Microsoft Advertising SDK?

If not, could you update to the latest one (uninstall the prior versions of the Microsoft Advertising SDK and install the latest version) and then try again?

Best Regards,

Annievia Chen

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 6:03 AM
  • Hi Chen,

I tried this(along with clean build, machine restart etc.) but the result is same. Looks like I already have been on the latest SDK. What else could be the reason?

Regards,

MJ

Thursday, June 22, 2017 9:45 AM
  • Hi MJ,

Could you tell us the version number of the Microsoft Advertising SDK you are using?

And you might share a sample here so that we can reproduce the issue you are facing.

Meanwhile, you may try filing a support ticket to see if they could help.

Best Regards,

Annievia Chen

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 23, 2017 8:21 AM
  • Hi Chen,

Please find the Microsoft Ads SDK details below:

Name: Microsoft Advertising SDK for XAML

Version: 10.0

Targets: UWP 10.0.1024.0

SDK Dependencies: Microsoft.VCLibs, Version 14.0 

As we have a very big code base, it won't be easy to create a sample project out of it. I was wondering If you could ping me at mj.scintilla (at) outlook.com, I can share the minimal code base with you to reproduce the WACK test error.

Thanks and Regards,

MJ

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 11:00 AM
  • Hi MJ,

Sincerely sorry for the late reply.

Could you please file a support ticket to get help if it is inconvenient for you to share the code here?

You might click "Submit an incident" on that page:

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Annievia Chen

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 5:41 AM